Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bathed Burnt Ends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bathed Burnt Ends

WillTravelForFood post on Oklahoma's Food Fair gave me inspiration for the extra belly piece I had left over after making bacon.

Bounced the idea of Mac & Cheese and burnt end bake with SWMBO and got a thumbs up. The only request was not to submerge the pork in the cheese sauce.
    I was concerned it was going to be very rich but surprisingly enough it wasn't.
    Made a cheddar cheese sauce. Fried a small bit of homemade bacon with chopped onions and cooked some pasta shells.
    Had some apprehensions about the bits of ends protruding above the M&C would dry out and become hard when the dish was baked.
    They actually formed a nice bark adding a pleasant texture to the serving.
    Will I make it again. The wife said definitely so who am I to argue.

Here are some pic's.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210907_135929.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	272.6 KB
ID:	1090083

Name:	20210907_170335.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	1090084

Name:	20210907_173851-1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	1090085

Name:	20210907_180827-1.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	309.4 KB
ID:	1090086

It's not always a bad workman who blames his tools but can also be that a good workman has bad tools. (That's my story regarding my shot's and I'm sticking to it).

I'm ready for my bath!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

That looks incredible. You can’t go wrong with mac and cheese. We’ve been having jalapeño cheese grits with our burnt ends. It’s a nice balance to the richness fo the burnt ends. Either way everyone wins.

Comment

• holehogg
          holehogg commented
          Editing a comment
          Was contemplating adding 'peno's. Will definitely do next time.

Mmmm. Great looking meal there! Sounds like something to try one day.

Comment

I am trying to lose weight, and posts like this are not helping.

Comment

• Draznnl
            Draznnl commented
            Editing a comment
            In case you didn't notice, this isn't the losing weight neighborhood.

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            say it ain't so.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here