Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pulled pork question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone tried putting the pork back into the smoker for extra smoke after it has rested and pulled? I'm just wondering if that would add more smoke flavor from cooking at 250-275 on a pellet smoker that may not have much smokiness to it

Comment

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      I never understood your screen name until I binge watched The Expanse this summer. Just finished last night, in fact

• Rocinante
      Rocinante commented
      Editing a comment
      Dewesq55 - Rocinante actually came from one of the best rock bands ever....RUSH and their A Farewell To Kings and Hemispheres albums back in the late 1970's. It was taken from a 17th century literary classic in which a worn out and decrepit horse was named. I'm not much into 17th century literary classics, but am always into RUSH. Will have to check out the expanse though, I've heard it's pretty good.

• Dewesq55
      Dewesq55 commented
      Editing a comment
      Rocinante - I'm afraid I never got into Rush, although I like some of their stuff that I have heard. But I can't take too much of Geddy Lee's voice.

I liked the Expanse a lot and recommend it. It's on Amazon Prime video. BUT, the first season is like watching paint dry and you have no idea what's going on. It's really too slow of a burn. But if you tough it out and get to the second season and beyond, you will be rewarded. The Rocinante is what the main protagonists end up naming their ship.
      Last edited by Dewesq55; September 16, 2021, 01:22 PM.

I have reheated smoked ribs on my Grilla that I originally smoked them on. Can't say I noticed anything in terms of more smoke flavor. Though my backyard did smell nice when it was running.

Comment

I don't truss, and I go straight on the grates.

Comment

What's with all the sting haters here? String needs a little love too you know? So is it unmanly to use string? Or do you string less guys reserve it for your summer swim wear?

I say tie for the win !! Be kind to our string friends!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	pork butt 01.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1088584

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here