Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rib Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    Will do. Thanks.

• Rfhd69
    commented on 's reply
    Your niece is a hero. Thank her for her service on behalf of my family! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• bbqLuv
    replied
    The reason to freeze the Baby Backs would be the thaw them out.
    To freeze I would not.
    Sounds like a lucky Niece, with a great Uncle jlazar
    Happy grilling to you and an age-appropriate beverage.
    Last edited by bbqLuv; August 31, 2021, 06:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    Great accomplishments…..Let her know how much The Pit appreciates her service!

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Good to know.

• Mark V
    replied
    The following shows common time guidelines for a few meats held in a cryovac bag. However, I have gone as long as two months while wet aging prime rib with no ill effects:

"As a general rule here are some guidelines as to how long meat can last in a cryovac bag, under ideal refrigerated conditions: Beef – approx 4 weeks from date packed. Lamb – approx 14 days from date packed. Pork – approx 10 days from date packed."

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    commented on 's reply
    I will post pics. I am teaching my niece to smoke and she will actually be doing the cook on the chubby. She is a Nurse Practitioner/Captain in the Army. Spent 10 months last year deployed to the UAE, Jordan and other places in the Middle East. Went on missions supporting Special Forces and earned her combat badge. We are very proud of her.
    Last edited by jlazar; August 31, 2021, 05:35 PM.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Well, they’re not goin to get smoked sittin in yer freezer! Git em out, pics please.

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I have a couple racks dry brining in the fridge now for smoking tomorrow. Love me some ribs!

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Are you going to do them in your Chubby? Sounds soooo good. I have a few racks in my freezer that need smoking.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Not unless they're already past the sell-by date.

Leave a comment:

• jlazar
    replied
    Didn't think so. Thanks for responding. Hope all have a good and safe holiday.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    replied
    Nope

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    What he said

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here