Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about country-style ribs... cooking today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I go for around 160 give or take. They are still moist and tender. You're not going to pull them, so why bother going higher? You won't get much drippings if you wrap because the juices you want to trap don't start until about 165 - 170, and you won't get that much anyway. Make your own sauce or baste a bit with store bought, won't make much difference as long as you like it.

They ain't loin, and they ain't ribs, and they ain't shoulder. Just get 'em done and they're good eatin'.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Agree with all. Except in my store "country ribs" are usually sliced butt/shoulder. But surely it's different dep. where you go.

• boftx
      boftx commented
      Editing a comment
      Not withstanding what I already said, you can wrap 'em all up in foil at about 150 with some butter and molasses and maybe a touch of maple syrup and take 'em up to 170 give or take and have a fine meal.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here