Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about country-style ribs... cooking today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mayapoppa
    replied
    Oh yeah... I would be happy to see something like that in a couple of hours!

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    It looks GUUUD!

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    The reason I sauce is because being thin, they will dry out a little.

But man, talk about some goooooooooood stuff.

Click image for larger version

Name:	csr4.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	108133 Click image for larger version

Name:	csr5.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	108134

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Yup Jerod has it... you can do on your grill cook to about 200 internal -- remember this is just a sliced up pork butt... look at the bone, it should look familiar

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    DWCowles I am thinking around 2 hours in a dutch... depending on temp! Should come out good!

I have cooked these in a dutch but it was a braise... a little different but they came out fork tender in about 2 hours at 325-350 degrees in the oven

• billg71
    replied
    Originally posted by mayapoppa View Post
    Alright... this thread is an example of why I'm confused! I think I'm going to listen to Jarod and co. and try taking them up to the 200 range. billg71, I'm hoping you are wrong!

Thanks to all who have chimed in...
    Best of luck, I hope your mileage varies.

Let us know how it turns out, please.

Best,
    Bill

Leave a comment:

• mayapoppa
    commented on 's reply
    That looks good (GUUD) but one of the things I wanted to do with these is a try a couple of rubs and sauces on various pieces to do a little experimenting. Can't do that with them all simmering in one dish.

• Medusa
    commented on 's reply
    Allright! DWCowles. I make kebabs with the BNLS, but now I know what to do with the Bone-In. Awesome video!

Thanks!

-- Ed

• mayapoppa
    replied
    Alright... this thread is an example of why I'm confused! I think I'm going to listen to Jarod and co. and try taking them up to the 200 range. billg71, I'm hoping you are wrong!

Thanks to all who have chimed in...

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    commented on 's reply
    smarkley wouldn't I get the same results in the dutch oven? How long would I let them cook in the dutch oven?

• smarkley
    commented on 's reply
    Good Stuff....

Do that in one of your Dutch Ovens DWCowles - it is GUUUD!

• DWCowles
    replied
    Here's how I like to do them
    Last edited by DWCowles; September 7, 2015, 03:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• smarkley
    replied
    What Jerod says... Those are basically shoulder steaks

Leave a comment:

• billg71
    replied
    Those look pretty much like pork chops to me, I'd suggest sticking with Meathead's recommendation. I've tried smoking country-style ribs low-n-slow for hours, they come out like shoe leather.

Leave a comment:

• mayapoppa
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here