Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smithfield ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!!!

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Yes they did!

• DJ DeSpain
    replied
    Smithfield at Walmart’s is my go to when I have a last minute desire for smoking ribs. Pretty much what I get if not last minute.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    THese racks were all Swift and came out great, for what it’s worth

Click image for larger version

Name:	E892D607-340E-4DF8-878D-543605D4DA53.jpeg
Views:	1091
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	1076141

Name:	8EA5ED9B-AE92-4F2D-93DB-E828B061E1D4.jpeg
Views:	1082
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1076139

Name:	70857076-69BE-4591-BA85-D98F187D15DC.jpeg
Views:	1092
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	1076140

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    I like Smithfield usually. But I was shopping for some SLCs at Walmart a few days ago, and the Smithfield ones they had had bones in only about half the slab. And the boneless half was so thin I could literally see through it.

Nope. I'm good.

I went home and immediately started thawing some excellent Creekstone Farms Berkshire ribs I had been sitting on for awhile.
    Last edited by Steve R.; August 11, 2021, 09:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    I’ve cooked about 15 racks of Smithfield’s in the past few weeks, and doing 4 more on Friday. So far I am satisfied. Here are last weeks 4 ribs.

Name:	65E29440-4813-4F8B-9FB6-187290C4421F.jpeg
Views:	1085
Size:	306.0 KB
ID:	1076135
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; August 11, 2021, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    I'm a fan of Smithfields too.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    My two local grocery chains, HyVee, an Dillons (Kroger), carry Hormel Always Tender, an Smithfield, respectively...

I have had great luck with both, would consider em same same...

Never been disappointed that I bought Smithfields, when they was on sale...

Leave a comment:

• taffenhoffsbbq
    started a topic Smithfield ribs

Smithfield ribs

So, I got these Smithfield St. Louis ribs at Walmart because they’re fairly cheap compared to my local Costco and Safeway. Man, those ribs were the best ribs I’ve ever cooked. Fatty and juicy. I don’t know if this was just a luck of the draw or what, but it did say "preferred by bbq competitors" or something to that effect. I am very grateful because my rib game was sad. Any of you guys had similar experience with Smithfield?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here