Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert! Wibs misinformation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgaretz
    commented on 's reply
    I used to struggle with it but not any more. If you watch the Blasphemy Ribs video at https://blasphemyribs.com you can see how I do it.

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    I've found that sometimes the membrane has already been removed. What you see is just a layer of fatty material.

• Jfrosty27
    commented on 's reply
    I do that whenever I have a hard to remove membrane. Or when I am just lazy. Cross hatch pattern across the whole thing. Works great.

• Papa Bruce
    replied
    I have a question. I frequently have trouble removing the membrane from the back of pork ribs. If I give up, what do you think of scoring the membrane and if so, over the bone, over the meet, or 90 degrees from the bones??

Leave a comment:

• Potkettleblack
    commented on 's reply
    And also better called by their real name... pigs don't have wings... it's just a frenched pork shank.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    I like it! I can't wait to get some of those Rib Fingers! Can't wait for your secret recipe.

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I overheard mgaretz say he hopes you enjoy the middle finger...

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Stupid name. Pork wings are actually good and a completely different cut.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    I'm also going to invent this, probably sometime this winter. I will call them Rib Fingers. You just wait, it'll be a hit. I gotta cash in on this too.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    It needs to be at the TOP! AND delete the rib wing thing.
    My ADD doesn’t allow me to complete uninteresting articles.
    Last edited by FireMan; August 10, 2021, 10:11 PM.

• mgaretz
    replied
    It appears to still be there at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    This has been providing discussed here at length (2 pages worth). Just saying.
    It's on the The BBQ Bible web site, but not Steve's take. I just picked up a rack of St. Louis ribs. Might give this a whirl. Anyone do this? https://barbecuebible.com/2021/07/20/how-to-grill-rib-wings/

Leave a comment:

• mgaretz
    replied
    Originally posted by FireMan View Post
    I was browsing thru Raichlen’s Barbeque Bible site as I seldom do, and what do I see but an absconding in ignorance of one of our members hard work. mgaretz a year or three ago came up with The Blasphemy Ribs (ie.Wibs). Well in a current issue "they" have come up with something they attribute to a friend of a graduate of one of their seminars, ya know, a guy who knows a guy, and "they" call it "rib wings". I’m lookin at em & I say rib wings my patuti, them thar is Blasphemy Ribs (also known as Wibs). We need to get the word out & defend our buddy’s & AR’s honor. Give credit where credit is due.
    Thanks - they did put an addendum at the end crediting me, have they removed it? I wish they would have just corrected the beginning.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    started a topic Alert! Wibs misinformation!

Alert! Wibs misinformation!

I was browsing thru Raichlen’s Barbeque Bible site as I seldom do, and what do I see but an absconding in ignorance of one of our members hard work. mgaretz a year or three ago came up with The Blasphemy Ribs (ie.Wibs). Well in a current issue "they" have come up with something they attribute to a friend of a graduate of one of their seminars, ya know, a guy who knows a guy, and "they" call it "rib wings". I’m lookin at em & I say rib wings my patuti, them thar is Blasphemy Ribs (also known as Wibs). We need to get the word out & defend our buddy’s & AR’s honor. Give credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by FireMan; August 10, 2021, 09:56 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here
2024 Weber Contest