Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alert! Wibs misinformation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alert! Wibs misinformation!

I was browsing thru Raichlen’s Barbeque Bible site as I seldom do, and what do I see but an absconding in ignorance of one of our members hard work. mgaretz a year or three ago came up with The Blasphemy Ribs (ie.Wibs). Well in a current issue "they" have come up with something they attribute to a friend of a graduate of one of their seminars, ya know, a guy who knows a guy, and "they" call it "rib wings". I’m lookin at em & I say rib wings my patuti, them thar is Blasphemy Ribs (also known as Wibs). We need to get the word out & defend our buddy’s & AR’s honor. Give credit where credit is due.
    Last edited by FireMan; August 10, 2021, 09:56 PM.

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
    I was browsing thru Raichlen’s Barbeque Bible site as I seldom do, and what do I see but an absconding in ignorance of one of our members hard work. mgaretz a year or three ago came up with The Blasphemy Ribs (ie.Wibs). Well in a current issue "they" have come up with something they attribute to a friend of a graduate of one of their seminars, ya know, a guy who knows a guy, and "they" call it "rib wings". I’m lookin at em & I say rib wings my patuti, them thar is Blasphemy Ribs (also known as Wibs). We need to get the word out & defend our buddy’s & AR’s honor. Give credit where credit is due.
    Thanks - they did put an addendum at the end crediting me, have they removed it? I wish they would have just corrected the beginning.

Comment

This has been providing discussed here at length (2 pages worth). Just saying.
      It's on the The BBQ Bible web site, but not Steve's take. I just picked up a rack of St. Louis ribs. Might give this a whirl. Anyone do this? https://barbecuebible.com/2021/07/20/how-to-grill-rib-wings/

Comment

It appears to still be there at the bottom.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          It needs to be at the TOP! AND delete the rib wing thing.
          My ADD doesn’t allow me to complete uninteresting articles.
          Last edited by FireMan; August 10, 2021, 10:11 PM.

I'm also going to invent this, probably sometime this winter. I will call them Rib Fingers. You just wait, it'll be a hit. I gotta cash in on this too.

Comment

• RonB
          RonB commented
          Editing a comment
          I overheard mgaretz say he hopes you enjoy the middle finger...

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I like it! I can't wait to get some of those Rib Fingers! Can't wait for your secret recipe.

Stupid name. Pork wings are actually good and a completely different cut.

Comment

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          And also better called by their real name... pigs don't have wings... it's just a frenched pork shank.

I have a question. I frequently have trouble removing the membrane from the back of pork ribs. If I give up, what do you think of scoring the membrane and if so, over the bone, over the meet, or 90 degrees from the bones??

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I do that whenever I have a hard to remove membrane. Or when I am just lazy. Cross hatch pattern across the whole thing. Works great.

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I've found that sometimes the membrane has already been removed. What you see is just a layer of fatty material.

• mgaretz
          mgaretz commented
          Editing a comment
          I used to struggle with it but not any more. If you watch the Blasphemy Ribs video at https://blasphemyribs.com you can see how I do it.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here