Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baby Back Ribs question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huskee
    replied
    That's a loaded question. You have a few options. You say you have to take them off 2 hrs before serving- assuming you need the grill for something else for those remaining 2 hrs? In either case I'd personally skip the foil altogether. I'd only foil for very short-term instances, like taking them to a buddy's house across town to serve. Any real length of time foiled can mushify them.

If I were in your shoes here's what I think I'd do:
    1) Start the cook 2 hrs later, and finish cooking them in your oven at the full temp of 225 for the remaining 2 hrs so that they finish (pass bend test) at serving time. Unwrapped is my advice there. Although your house will smell like a BBQ joint for a couple days.

or

2) Start them at your normal planned time, and do what Wartface recommends- hold them at 170 after they've finished cooking. I still wouldn't wrap. Wrapping will lead to mushy ribs. I'd put them in a lasagna pan (or similar) in the oven. 170 is a perfect serving temp. Broil the sauce on if you must as a surface treatment but I'd stay away from foil.

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Hmmm... I'd put the oven temp at 170° not 225°. If you're going that way.

If they were my ribs I'd wrap them in heavy duty foil. Wrap them in a towel and put them in a faux cambro. Then once your guests arrive put them in the oven at 300° to bring them back to temp and then sauce them and put them under the broiler.

Jmo...
    Last edited by Breadhead; September 6, 2015, 12:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ssandy_561
    started a topic Baby Back Ribs question.

Baby Back Ribs question.

I need to take my baby back ribs off the grill 2 hours before dinner is served. What are my best options to not ruin them before I serve them.
    I plan on wrapping them in foil and putting them in my oven @ 225 degrees. The last 30 minutes I plan on brushing on the BBQ sauce an finishing them under the broiler.
    Will leaving my ribs wrapped for 1 1/2 hours in my oven turn them to mush?

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here