Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBBE temp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBBE temp

What’s a good internal temp for PBBE’s before the braise? The standard 205 degrees? Last weekend I went by time and ended up with asteroid nuggets! Thank y’all.

Help me: PBBE?

Comment

Pork Belly Burnt Ends.

Comment

Definitely not 205, at that point they’d be done. I’ve never checked temp before the braise but I’d guess 150-160.

Comment

What time and temp did you use last time? If they went sideways, then one or the other was out of kilter.

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Or maybe "Looking you're, you're not cooking" syndrome. I avoid that syndrome otherwise I end with . . . well you got the idea.

Three hours in smoke last time in PBC, didn’t temp them. Cinders. I do take my bacon to 150.
          Last edited by webwolff; July 27, 2021, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• willxfmr
            willxfmr commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmm... I'll leave this one for the FGC crowd. They will know a lot more about that cooker than me. I don't suppose you know what temp the PBC was running?

Always settles in around 275-290.

Comment

Set the Bark, braise to tender, set the sauce. EZ PZ.
            1. Pork Belly Burnt Ends Video - YouTube
            2. Pork Belly Burnt Ends | Smoked Pork Belly Burnt Ends on UDS Smoker - YouTube
            3. Pork Belly Burnt Ends - YouTube
            4. Enjoy the process, enjoy the smoke, enjoy the cook, so relaxing.
            5. Enjoy a beverage of your choice. PBR?

Comment

SWMBO agreed, PBBE this weekend.
              Thanks for the post.
              Last edited by bbqLuv; July 28, 2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Just an FYI. I just went into this on your previous post about PBBEs. Check it out, and let us know how the second round goes, my friend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here