Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dumb pulled pork question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve R.
    replied
    I'd go with the oven set at the lowest temp, then shred just prior to serving. I tried shredding and holding in the oven once, and the meat was an ugly gray/brown mess after a few hours.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    If you have a sous vide then shred, bag, then hot tub it tomorrow. But a 16 hour hold in a faux cambro seems like a long haul to me, I'd double wrap with maybe a half cup of apple juice and hold in a warm 160 degree or so oven, then shred before serving.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    You'll want to keep an eye on its temp. Don't let it get below 140° without a plan to quickly chill it to below 45°. One option would be to wrap it and stash it in a 170° over until you're ready to serve.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I'm in the pull it now camp when its hot to warm because its easier to pull apart and shred the meat.
    My PP goes into a slow cooker with a can of root beer and a bottle of bbq sauce for 2-3 hours finishing.
    After that it can be stored in the fridge or frozen in containers or freezer bags and reheated in a pot on the stove, back in the slow cooker, preferred method, or nuked what ever is easier for you.

Leave a comment:

• Irishfuente
    started a topic dumb pulled pork question

dumb pulled pork question

I smoked a butt tonight to 205°and currently letting it rest wrapped in towels in my cooler. i want to serve it about noon.

i usually pull and servea few hkurs after removed from grill

When sbould i pull it and will i need to heat it first. and what temp if needed?

thanks

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here