Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank God for Kids! Fundraiser Butt Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank God for Kids! Fundraiser Butt Cook

Cooked a few butts for a fundraiser, a couple of weeks ago. I used my old smoker locker. I made some racks for smoking turkeys and hams in it, and thought it would work for butts as well. I had to keep a pretty good bit of wood in the firebox to keep it up to temp, but it did great. Two of my sons pitched in for the cook, and three of them went to the fundraiser the next day and pulled and sauced all the meat. I couldn't have got it done without them. All the guys from the Legion, that said they would help, never showed up. LOL.

Nice hat. I'm cooking a small butt today. Wife bought exactly what I told her not to buy.

Comment

• _John_
      _John_ commented
      Editing a comment
      Bet it was on sale though. My definition for women is buys things they don't need at prices they can't pass up.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck no, she didn't want to go to the other store. Heard tray pack....thought it was ALL good.

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah nice hat Swamp Donkeyz --- I gotta get one of those!

those look like some helpful kids

Comment

You have some good boys there! Keep teaching them, the lessons learned young will serve them a lifetime! It will seem like you just got up one morning and they will be 40 years and living in Dubai, I know. Dan

Comment

That is a heck of a lot of butts!

Comment

Thanks for the compliments on the kids. They were definitely life savers.

Comment

Like you, my kids and wife are my favorite helpers. Cant do it without em and love every minute of it!

Comment

What a GREAT Family! Someday those boys are going to say-
              "Dad remember that time we did all those butts for that fundraiser? That was fun, we should do that again sometime." Good job everybody!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here