Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't please everyone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I end up make multiple batches. Chili, Ribs, Tacos, fajitas. I like it spicy my wife and son like it sweet. My son (8 YO) won't eat meat that is hard...read nicely seared, so I have to wrap his proteins or just indirect to temp no sear.

Comment

Think about this, some have said that they cook em two ways, one for the most important one & one fer yerself! Others have bragged macho style, my way or no way. Bottom line, what are ya in this for?
      I found myself doing more cooking for myself cuz I had to. Ya gotta eat, then I would be surprised, but not really motivated to go out & cook up a storm. The joy in cookin is cookin for someone else. It’s not about you! The smiles on others faces, the "Yums" and other compliments directed at you as you have provide pleasure & joy to those that matter to you. And, even if you don’t know em, ya still care for them & bask in the satisfaction you’ve made someone happy.
      A coupe of weekends ago I was involved with what could have been a major family cook failure. At least 45 people, 16 burgers, 16 hot dogs & 20lbs or more of chunked chicken & sirloin for shish kabob. We had 1 1/2 hrs, a filthy gas grill, small grilling surface at that, and some one who had no idea of what to do to get things done as far as cookin goes. The meat soaked over night in salad dressing & my sister started
      to cut the veggies up fer the kaboobs with a pairing knife, headed for a handful of skewers. I put plan B into effect. When we got there I instructed "the cook" to clean his "grill". I drained the salad dressing from the meat somewhat, S& P’d the chicken & beef & roasted it over two burners with a diffuser & one with out. I had chunked up red, green peppers & onions into 4 gallon bags, S & P & olive oil. 2 1/2 hrs later plus 16 hot dogs, "The Cook" did the burgers on a little charcoal we were done. First time I had cooked for someone else in 8 months. The "this was great" & "loved the veggies" & other expressions of gratitude & enjoyment was well worth the effort. The joy it brought my sister & my nieces was precious. I even got a "Ya know I don’t let anyone ever touch my grill" fro The Chef. It’s not about you, never is. Smoke & Fire On all you in AR. 🕶

Last edited by FireMan; July 18, 2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I do believe that ya might jus have explained th Very Essence of Th Whole Shebang, My Esteemed Brother! :

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Nailed it!

I usually cook at least 2 racks. One sweet and falling off the bone and one more savory and just bite thru. This typically satisfies everyone including myself…..but I’m always cooking to make them happy, if their happy so am I.

Comment

The solution to me is to take half the ribs and crutch them in foil for about an hour, an hour before the end of the cook. That way half is the way you like, and half is fall off the bone the way she likes. That said, I did a single rack of STL ribs a week or two ago that was fall off the bone tender even without the wrap. Overdone in my book, but she loved them.

Comment

I make stuff the way I like it. That is usually in line with what everyone likes. If they don't, they don't know BBQ. Right?

Comment

• bbqLuv
            bbqLuv commented
            Editing a comment
            Yep, I told my family if you don't like it; you don't eat.
            I asked, how do you like your ribs?
            "They taste like $hit, but I like them that way."
            See were are all happy. Now pass the PBR.
            Last edited by bbqLuv; July 19, 2021, 04:11 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here