Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe?

I recently red but forgot to bookmark a sous vide pork belly burnt ends recipe. Can't find it for the life of me. I saw it within the last week or so. Does anyone recall this? Or, do you have one you'd recommend?

Are you sure it was for pork belly burnt ends? Unlike regular burnt ends which I have done sous vide, pork belly burnt ends don't take much time in the smoker so I'm not sure the benefit to SVing it.

Comment

• Murdy
      Murdy commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought so, but maybe that's why I can't find it.

Found it, shify is correct, just sous vide pork belly, not burnt ends

If you like bacon then you'll love pork belly. Fall apart tender and full of smoky goodness, this recipe for sous-vide-que pork belly is sure to be a crowd favorite. Starting with a low and slow sous vide water bath, the moist and tender pork belly is then smoked and grilled to create a truly amazing dish.

Comment

It was from last year, but I did bookmark and try this one out. Makes a fine pork belly burnt end IMO. I used my own rub and sauce combo, but the time and temp work well regardless of the seasoning.

Comment

sous vide cubed pork belly to 3/4 done, finish on the grill.
        it is my understanding most smoke flavor is added in the first minutes of cooking.
        it would be interesting to find out how much true "BBQ" flavor will be added after sous vide.

Comment

• JGo37
          JGo37 commented
          Editing a comment
          it's a given that most of the smoke flavor is acquired by cold meat, up until as high as 165F where it basically stops absorbing the flavors through the bark.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here