Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

schichten braten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

schichten braten

This is one of my favorite cooks! it is called schichten braten which is German for layered meat. the original recipe calls for pork neck, but could not find it so i used a pork but. it is layered with butt, onion, peppers, smoked gouda and sausage cut into about 2-3 inch pieces.

Looks Awesome ! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Oh yeah, You Done Good.
      I would pair that with a Good Germen "PBR".
      Liked the slide show as well.
      I could myself into a spasm.

Comment

Wow. Amazing.

Smoked for how long?

BTW, I think I recognize your schichten braten rack. Expandable pot/coffee cup/cap rack from IKEA?

Comment

• msahadat
          msahadat commented
          Editing a comment
          Think you are right...IKEA VARIERA series...

Man that's some kind of awesomeness. The finished product looks like a giant meat hoagie !!!!

Comment

Wow. I have never seen anything like that. It looks amazing! Bet it tastes amazing too. Great post. Now I need to try to do one.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

my jaw is dropped. we see a lot of food in this little community but whoa, that is impressive!

Comment

OMG...Me Want! Its almost like an "unprocessed" (as in not ground up) meat loaf.

Comment

Ooh. I bet that Tasten Gooden! I'm sold!

Comment

Welcome from St. Cloud, FL. Awesome cook there.

Comment

Very cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Now that's what I call a great first post. I sure do hope you stick around beyond the trial. Looks like you have some good stuff to share.

Comment

Do you put any rubs or spices on it? Sauces?

Comment

Welcome from Oz, you will like it here
                            Is my standard greeting but you sir really have something to offer to the gang here
                            Please stick around and share some more

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here