Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever have this happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever have this happen?

I have had a couple of racks of BBRs on for 2 hrs now. Lifted the lid and saw this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210703_161215.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	250.1 KB
ID:	1054427
    it's not like there is more than the normal amount of loin meat on it.

Nope never seen that. Odd.

Comment

Wow, I have never seen that but I have to say that the last three St. Louis racks I have done have cooked "oddly".

After cooking those three at 250 for 2.5 hours I checked and they had no pull back. I let the last two go to 3 hours and no pullback, some flexibility and no cracking but looking good, IT was 170ish. I wrapped all 3 for 1.5 hours and very little pullback when opened and not tender where we like them although they were in the 190-200 IT area. Two were cooked in my Performer and the other in my Rec Tec 680. One rack from Publix but the last two were from Creekstone. Similar process I have used for 25 years.

Have heard others in other forums complaining about the same thing. IDK, will try another one from Creekstone on Monday.

Comment

IT'S ALIVE....

Comment

I potentially see ribs and loins getting a bit larger. My brother cooked a 12 pound loin the other day. It maxed out the vegetable rack on his grill.

Comment

The last two racks I did, baby backs, also cooked oddly. They came from Wild Fork Foods and were very different on the weight. 3.9lbs and 2.8lbs. So I expected the smaller rack to cook much faster. Nope. Done at exactly the same time. Also, no pull back at all. But they were perfectly tender and delicious. 🤷‍♂️

Comment

Get an exorcist quick!

Comment

He’s just kissing his a€¥ goodbye. 😳

Comment

• Steve R.
                  Steve R. commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He should have been. He turned out fine (never did straighten back out) and got devoured just like the other one.

Nope, never seen that

Comment

Probably some kind of gym rat hawg.
                  Worked out to much, muscles are too tight

Comment

I think I know the problem: "Dupuytren’s contracture"
                    Not sure if that helps.

Comment

It looks like some gremlin snuck under the lid and twisted the rack. I’ve never encountered that.

Comment

New one for me. Very odd. UFO?

Comment

So that's why you're supposed to remove the membrane.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fortune-fish_39_761c.jpeg
Views:	149
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	1054715

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here