Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a member tested Smoked Honey Mustard Rib recipe.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a member tested Smoked Honey Mustard Rib recipe.

I’ve been on a Honey Mustard kick recently and thought that must be a great flavor profile for smoked ribs. Anybody have a go to recipe they use.

Looking for a sweet, salty and tangy experience.

Thanks
    Steve

While not honey mustard, I have used this on ribs which turned out great.

Created by legendary pitmaster Bill Arnold, Blues Hog products are used by competition teams, top chefs, and restaurateurs around the world, which is why Blues Hog has been deemed the "Award-Winning, Choice of Champions"! Blues Hog now boasts a full line of sauces, rubs, marinades, wood chunks, and charcoal.

Comment

I imagine Meathead ‘s Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce would be close to what you’re looking for (thanks to Chipotle Tabasco). If not, it shouldn’t be too difficult to infuse a bit of extra smoke.

Comment

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a good idea. I actually used the Aldi Carolina Gold version on ribs last time and that worked well. However, the Meathead version is superior in every way so definitely a better pick.

I've used the Veteran's Gold BBQ sauce on some chops the other day and the whole family loved the flavor. Thanks secret Santa!

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        I will try this on some wibs next.....

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        Veterans Gold is pretty good. Got a bottle hanging out in the fridge.

Sugars BBQ has a mustard BBQ that may be to your liking. Shop | Sugars Barbecue Campfire Dreams BBQ Sauce

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        I had to take a look at this. There is a Sugars BBQ here that is just OK. Not associated

I have a Huskee's Mustard Shawsh recipe. It is not honey mustard, it's closer to Meathead's Gold, but combining that with the brown sugar topper method for ribs might get you in that arena.

Comment

• klflowers
        klflowers commented
        Editing a comment
        The Shawsh is the shawsh, if I may say so. Really good. I made some and forgot to comment on it.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Where is the Shawsh recipe?

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        STEbbq Recipes Only > BBQ Sauce Recipes.

I've made both of these:

Both are very good (can't recall which I preferred). Both call for brown sugar and not honey, but you could probably do some substituting.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here