Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to hold Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best way to hold Ribs

Assume ribs were cooked using Meathead's Last Meal Ribs recipe. What is the best way to hold ribs if you have a delay in eating for 1-2 hours? Is the method different for BB vs SLC?

Just wrap in several layers of foil, then towels and into an Esky, don't over think it mate.

I, on the other hand, prefer to hold my ribs between my teeth but that's just me haha
    Last edited by Stuey1515; June 25, 2021, 03:45 PM.

Comment

If you're able to drop your smoker/grill temp to 140-150 I'd just hold them in there, foil or no. Anything to keep 'em at a safe eatin' temp.

Comment

I put the racks in a foil pan. You know. The disposable ones. Cover pan with foil, then into the indoor oven at its lowest setting which for me is 170. They come out great.

Comment

Our oven has a warm setting which according to the manual is 175-180. If I use that, it it best to cover the pan with foil (will this cause steam and effect surface?) or leave it uncovered (will this cause surface to dry out)? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Sealing it *might* cause the ribs to soften some, but it's a low temp and it's not very long so I think you'd be fine either way.

• Jfrosty27
            Jfrosty27 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes with my post above I should have said I never hold them for more than an hour or two at most. 170 is still hot enough to continue cooking

• jlazar
            jlazar commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. It would be 2 hrs max.

Holding em 1-2 hrs & they will get cold. Put them between yer finger & thumb & eat em! Chomp em!

Comment

• ofelles
            ofelles commented
            Editing a comment
            I bow the the wisest of the wise one more time! 😎

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here