Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A nice set of (uncooked) Cheshire pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A nice set of (uncooked) Cheshire pork ribs

Click image for larger version  Name:	54639885-27AA-4773-BE05-3FE4D172A749.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	643.8 KB ID:	1046345

Pic first, no suspense.

Ordered Friday for shipment Monday, delivery Wednesday. NC to NEPA, the weather has been mild and the product arrived frozen solid, with the gel packs solid as well. The dry ice was gone.

These are full spares, I don’t think the breast bone is in there but part of it could be. [edit: about 1/2 lb of breast bone per rack.] I’ll have to wait until one pack thaws. They’re huge. Each pack is two racks, overlapping slightly. The meat is a nice dark red, and they’re very meaty; no shiners here! Total weight about 30#, order was $202 with free shipping (over $150). This compares favorably with local supermarkets, currently $5.49/lb for full spares with tips, no sternum.

Before delivery I did contact customer service by email with questions; they were very responsive, with answers within half an hour.

The rest is up to me. I’ll let you know Sunday evening.

Last edited by Mosca; June 20, 2021, 06:07 PM.

Not trying to be picky, the pork does look really nice, but don't you mean 30 pounds instead of dollars? That works out to be $6.73/pound, still a good price. Supermarket brands at any price can be used to feed chickens for all I care. I stopped buying commodity pork a long time ago.

Good score Mosca

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. 30#. Thanks!

Cheshire is great pork!! Have a freezer full of it, it is all we use at home and for our KCBS contests, I think you'll be very happy if you have not tried them before! Their pork bellies are awesome also. Love Cheshire!

Comment

I just ordered this same package. I also got 10% off for signing up for something or other - texts or emails or something. This brought the cost down to just over $6/lb. Free shipping as Mosca said. I guess that's a bargain. Just after I ordered them, Barbara called from Aldi's to say they had spare ribs for $1.89/lb and I had to tell her not to buy them because I just spent a fortune on heritage pork ribs. Ugh!

Comment

Well, one of those packages produced two nice St Louis racks, a bunch of tips, and a couple pieces of sternum for beans. I took the tips and cut them into bite-sized pieces, and put some rub that I got at the store on them: "Mitches Meat" or some such. It has salt in it, so I applied it tonight. I’ll get those over the smoke around noon tomorrow, maybe 11:30?

People were asking about tips. I usually put the tips in and around the racks, and then after a couple hours I move them to over the heat and finish by grilling them. I’ll post pictures tomorrow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1FAD8B55-C145-401B-B914-FB39C8DF1E52.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	212.0 KB
ID:	1047819

Name:	1FFFCC67-26C1-4940-AC85-330A955B0245.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	1047820

Name:	E8B0AC64-8522-4952-A978-68EB6363073B.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	365.9 KB
ID:	1047821

Name:	082EBCB3-6FF2-418D-AF51-4BB96DA3BD23.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	1047822

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          The color of that meat is amazing!

Name:	8CBB3472-6C13-4D3B-8647-22378F87E410.jpeg
Views:	119
Size:	209.4 KB
ID:	1048150Click image for larger version

Name:	2B69DB8D-4D19-4B72-96FD-86FEAF96FFDF.jpeg
Views:	126
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1048151

These are OUTSTANDING. They’re a very deep pork flavor, all dark meat.

Comment

• Dewesq55
          Dewesq55 commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow! I can hardly wait.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here