Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found my new favorite BBQ sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found my new favorite BBQ sauce

Actually it's not a BBQ sauce at all, and may be a sign of a problem. LOL I'm doing Keto right now, so I tried my favorite hot sauce, Sriracha on my pulled pork. It's so amazing I went thru almost an entire 28oz bottle in a week, just for lunches. Now, I'm adding their chili garlic sauce as well to spice it up more. Yeah, I may have a problem, but damn it's good!

There's a pulled pork siracha chili recipe on here somewhere. It's delicious and I recommend it highly!!

Comment

I love sriracha, and last year stumbled on Tabasco brand sriracha, and there is something about it that has made it my new favorite. I've used it on a lot of BBQ over the past year.

Comment

Abom jfmorris I love sriracha sauce too, but never thought about using it on BBQ. I’ve only used it on Chinese food. Do you apply it just like you would BBQ sauce, same amounts and everything? Have you tried it on wings also….at the end of the cook? What all have you used it on Jim?

Comment

Panhead John last week I grilled a big pack of chicken drumsticks on the gas grill for lunches, since we have folks bringing us dinner every other day. I wanted something spicy, and had no spicy BBQ sauce in the fridge or pantry. I ended up putting squirting a big dollop of Tabasco brand sriracha into a measuring cup with some Sweet Baby Ray's, and it made the perfect blend of sweet AND spicy for those chicken legs. Just brushed it on the last few minutes of the cook. You could probably try it with straight sriracha, but I think it needs a little sweet to balance it out. I might try straight sriracha on some wings or dummies some time though. These drumsticks were the first time I thought to use it on BBQ.

Other than that I just use it on the usual stuff. Pizza, burgers, Chinese, on my asian inspired stir fried rice from the big griddle. Nothing beats a drizzle of yum yum sauce and a drizzle of sriracha.
          Last edited by jfmorris; June 14, 2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Jim. Never thought to use it on burgers either, gonna have to try that, as well as mixing it with a little BBQ sauce. I usually buy some sriracha for a rare Chinese takeout, then it sits in my fridge for year or two and I have to throw it out. This sounds good though.

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Panhead John if you see the Tabasco brand sriracha at the store, get that. I think it has a better flavor than the usual stuff with the rooster on the bottle.

• Panhead John
            Panhead John commented
            Editing a comment
            I actually am gonna get some Tobasco brand. That’s one of my favorite hot sauces, so I bet I’ll like their Sriraracha.

I can see this working.....sriracha is viscous enough to be up there with most BBQ sauces.

Comment

Mmmmm. I love the ideas we can find here in the Pit. Gotta try using sriracha more. Thanks, guys.

Comment

Since you are doing keto--try some Siracha on eggs. It is awesome.

Comment

try Eastern NC Vinegar BBQ sauce, it's grown on me a lot and should be keto maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead John View Post
                  Abom jfmorris I love sriracha sauce too, but never thought about using it on BBQ. I’ve only used it on Chinese food. Do you apply it just like you would BBQ sauce, same amounts and everything? Have you tried it on wings also….at the end of the cook? What all have you used it on Jim?
                  I dump it on the finished product. Once every square millimeter is covered, and mixed in it becomes somewhat mild so I end up adding more as I eat. It just seems to work with pork really well.

Comment

Were you able to find a good low/no sugar sriracha? Most I’ve seen list sugar as the second ingredient.

I also love Gochujang even more, same sugar issue.

Comment

Gochujang is good, but more one dimensional imho. Sugar is the second ingredient yes, but it's a very small amount.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here