Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Man Racks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Man Racks?

Looks like I've got 10 adults coming for ribs Monday. Was thinking maybe 5 racks. What say you?

What sides are you serving? 5 racks is a good amount of food. And are they back ribs or spare? You could vac seal and freeze the left overs. You definitely will have enough of the ribs in my opinion.

Comment

I usually plan a half rack per person and always have at least some leftovers. You'll have plenty.

Comment

What they said,,,

Comment

I've found 3 people per rack usually ends up working out (males are usually a half rack....females less...so it balances out). A good amount of sides usually helps to make the ribs go farther.

Comment

Originally posted by barelfly View Post
            What sides are you serving? 5 racks is a good amount of food. And are they back ribs or spare? You could vac seal and freeze the left overs. You definitely will have enough of the ribs in my opinion.
            Doing some Sweet/Sour Slaw, maybe some Potato Salad, and a neighbor is bringing Baked Beans. Oh, and dessert, daughter is making Banana Pudding. Doing back ribs.
            Last edited by smokinsteve; May 29, 2021, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• barelfly
              barelfly commented
              Editing a comment
              5 racks is plenty. You will be set with some goodies for the next day!

5 racks should leave some leftovers, but don't go with only 4 because you might run out. Personally, I'd probably do 6 just to make sure I have plenty left over.

Comment

5 racks of ribs and for the sides:
              1. PBR Beer Cheese Soup
              2. PBR Beer Doughnuts With PBR Lemon Curd
              3. PBR-Battered Onion Rings
              4. Slow Cooker PBR Mac & Cheese
              5. PBR-Candied Bacon

6. Jalapeno Cheddar PBR Bread

Comment

• IowaGirl
                IowaGirl commented
                Editing a comment
                Recipes, please!

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here