Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indirect-grilled boneless pork chops with fresh herbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indirect-grilled boneless pork chops with fresh herbs

I would say reverse-seared but there was very little searing done so I just cal it indirect-grilled. Dry brined for 2 hrs, oiled and peppered.

Chopped up some fresh chives, thyme, sage, and rosemary from the herb garden as a topper. Grilled indirectly with apricot wood to IT of 145-150. You just can't get a pork chop this good in any restaurant.

I hastily took the pic before the corn on the cob, potatoes and fresh veggies were plated. Glass of SIMI cabernet sauv not pictured.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5228.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	10287

Really nice shot there AHL. Cook book quality. Nice.

Comment

Thanks Jon! I know the herbs on the plate look setup, but that's how they fell, true story.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
        Thanks Jon! I know the herbs on the plate look setup, but that's how they fell, true story.
        I saw that - was thinking to myself "hastily took the pic" ... suuuure you did. That's probably a plastic pork chop! To ensure you are not faking these pics, you'll need to FedEx me 2 sample chops to eat... err... I mean evaluate.

Seriously though - great looking chops. You can't get that in most restaurants because they cook the living daylights out of their pork.

Comment

I'm having a reheated one for lunch at work right now. I'll see if I can snap a proof pic!

Comment

See? No plastic chops here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG5230.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	10329

Comment

I'd hit that in a heartbeat! Great cook, AHL. I sure do like pork loin steaks. I get the big honking 10 lb'r at Sam's and cut it into 2" steaks (I cube the marbled end for stew meat).

And since I viewed the webcast on salt, I've started dry-brining. That is working out most excellently! Props to the Vitamix of BBQ docs, Dr. Blonder!

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you sir. Pork done correctly is gooood schtuff.

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
              See? No plastic chops here.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n10329[/ATTACH]
              Well then....
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jholmgren View Post
                Well then....
                Lol. Love the lead up....click here....photo!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here