Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long to dry-brine boneless chops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long to dry-brine boneless chops?

I've cooked these wet-brined, dry-brined, and pre-brined (by butcher). I am cooking 6 boneless chops tomorrow. I was going to wet-brine them but got thinking it'd be just as easy to dry-brine them today. How long is too long? What's your experience with how much salt to dry-brine them with? I plan to reverse-sear them and finish with Lili's BBQ sauce (instead of making. my own Carolina Gold).

Cheers!

1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt per pound for 24 hours

Comment

What he said. 👆👆

Comment

There's really no "too long", the salt you add is the only salt it gets, so time is fairly moot. Lately though I have been worrying less and about steaks and chops being dry brined ahead of time, since you eat the whole thickness of the meat, so whether the salt is all on the surface or has migrated inward it's harder to notice on these compared to thick roasts and briskets.

More on dry brining: https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ining/?p=22405

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          💯!

If the pork is cured into ham, it was brined too long. Overnight is good enough.
        Happy grilling to you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here