Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SMOKED PORK HOCKS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Man that looks good. I am going to look for some.

• bbqjake
    replied
    Found one at my local grocery. I loosely followed the steps for a pork butt. Turned out great!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    replied
    The hocks I use are cured as well as smoked, so they're more like ham or Canadian bacon. I'd use a basic method for curing ham or C. bacon but use hocks instead -- such as https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...ecipe/?p=23208

Keep in mind hocks contain a lot of bone in proportion to the meat. I'd calculate the amount of curing salt based on the actual dimensions of the hocks and an estimate of the actual meat weight in the hocks, not the total weight.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    I've tossed a few hocks on stews and soups but never tried smoking them mainly because the hocks I see are pretty small.
    Not much meat on them at all compared to your pic so they're kind of an flavor enhancer more than anything.

Leave a comment:

• JCGrill
    replied
    What klflowers said.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Wish I could help - I usually buy them already smoked. In fact, I haven't seen any just raw. Maybe I should check with my butcher. Some home smoked hocks in some collard greens would be mighty good.

Leave a comment:

• Fabio_3
    started a topic SMOKED PORK HOCKS

SMOKED PORK HOCKS

Hi everyone,

i'm searching for the best smoked pork hocks recipe...

THANKS ALL
    Attached Files

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here