Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spicy Korean Pork Skewers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spicy Korean Pork Skewers

Hi All,

Here is a ridiculously easy-peazy recipe with delicious results. Thought I'd share as this can be a quick week night dish.

Very good website dedicated to pork.

Did mine on the gasser. Laid the SS skewers in the "valley of the GrillGrates" (OMG! Valley of the Dolls??). When it was time to turn, just rolled from 1 side to the other. Had enough over-hang beyond the front of grill so I didn't need the welding gloves to handle the skewers.

Note: stock picture from site.

--Ed

Click image for larger version

Name:	Korean_Pork_Skewers.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	100735

Try this as a side ( w/wo beef - we threw the pork in the mix for serving ) or entire meal.

This entrée falls somewhere between a soup and a noodle dish. You can eat it with chopsticks, but be sure to have spoons around to catch the broth.

-- Ed

Comment

That sounds pretty darn tasty, though I wish they'd recommended a final temp instead of just saying "until tender".

Comment

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        I took 'em up a hair past 160. #1 commented this AM about how tender the meat was. I think the GG's helped with the juices sizzling under them.

I also really like the phrase "heat the grill to medium-high" - LOL!

• Huskee
        Huskee commented
        Editing a comment
        I read a recipe for ribs once on KCBS that says heat your grill to "medium-high". No joke. Drive medium-fast to Vegas. Makes as much sense to me.

Sounds great. I have lots of pork in the freezer from trimming out spare ribs and also from cutting up a whole boneless pork loin. I'll bet I could find something that would work with this without any problem.

DEW

Comment

• Medusa
        Medusa commented
        Editing a comment
        I think the pork loin would work great, but it doesn't have the marbling and the mix of dark / light meat which probably adds a little flavor ( so what - pork loin is great!)

I'd also try this recipe with beef (top sirloin / sirloin steak tips / tri-tips) & bnls chicken breast.

BTW, the country ribs I used had been foodsavered in the freezer since 8/31/14 - what a great tool!

--Ed

• Dewesq55
        Dewesq55 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm sure I have some sections with dark meat in them. I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here