Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iberico Pork Ribs - Do They Stand The Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troutman View Post
    I was a little concerned about a couple of things. First (and maybe it was the particular ones I ordered) these were really thin, with no where near the amount of meat we're used to on domesticated pork. That is somewhat to be expected on a free range animal I suppose.
    The thing about spares is that they sit right under the belly, so when they cut thick belly (for bacon, pancetta or what have you), you get shiners. Where Henrik gets his, they probably cut more meat on the ribs and less in the bacon, while anything for sale in the US will generally have the bacon cut more generously...

But, I dunno that you want a thick meaty Iberico rib, due to the richness of the meat and the level of fat on them. Henrik could say better, as he seems to be grilling them on the regular and getting a better cut than we in the US see.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      These are Spanish Iberico ribs. Not saying that all Iberico ribs are the same but these were not domestically sourced. And I believe even Henrik stated they are thinner, again probably due to their being free ranged.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here