Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy no more: Diving back into pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JCBBQ
    replied
    This is the only recipe I've ever used to make Pizza. It's really good. That said, I've never done anything else. Breadhead, before he got banned, used to swear by it. Good enough for me.

SB 016| How to Make Neapolitan Pizza Dough | Stella Culinary

Stella Culinary has other styles of pizza dough too.

I make it in the Primo. It's a great pizza oven.
    Last edited by JCBBQ; March 4, 2021, 07:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds like a PBR issue.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Every time I get a round of pizza they come out flat.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    That Bertello is new to me. Starting with store-bought dough is a good idea. Let us know how you like it.

• GadjetGriller
    replied
    wow looks good! I have a Bertello Outdoor Pizza Oven haven't gotten the nerve to use it yet! its very intimidating lol I bought some super market mixes for the dough (if I'm just gonna burn the heck out of it no use taking the time to make the real stuff) Its beginning to warm up so maybe you have given me the urge to try... Nope still to intimidating!! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    My stone has never cracked BTW and I have used it frequently for years.

• Attjack
    replied
    @jfmorris The Blackstone Pizza Oven is a very popular and sought-after item that has been discontinued. Blackstone did announce an updated version was imminent but the estimated launch date came and went.

Here's what 2 minutes in the Blackstone does to a pizza.

Here's an older pizza oven comparison including the Blackstone.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Hmmm. Looks great! But I didn't know Blackstone had a pizza oven.... and looks like they do not any more either.

I'll either keep on using kettle or kamado, or splurge on an Ooni at some point.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    As I mentioned at the end of the first post I will be doing that next. I'm really looking forward to that.

• chudzikb
    replied
    Try the sourdough recipe from that same ken Forkish book. do a 3 day cold ferment, and reap the rewards. It is the best!

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    This dough rose 48 hours. The recipe calls it a 48-72 hour dough and notes that it's best at 48 hours. There is a 2-hour room temperature rise before it goes into the fridge for 2 days. The recipe is from this book:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    You had me until the ranch.

• lostclusters
    replied
    Attjack how long does your dough spend rising and resting?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Pizza, PBR, girlfriend, and don't forget the Ranch dressing for dipping.
    You done good.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, I love it. Perhaps the best $50 I've spent. It's kind of ugly but the fact it can get over 900f in 10-15 minutes seals the deal. I also like the rotating stone although I did replace the motor since the stock one sucked. If you ever see one for sale grab it.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here