Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taco pizza dreams and..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taco pizza dreams and..

I have so missed Taco Supreme pizza from happy Joe’s restaurant( most of them closed in the in the upper Midwest. I never looked into why, but my wife and I have kept trying various examples, always with disappointment. So tonight, I took it on, well, I started the crust on Saturday, and made a pepperoni pizza as well. Really happy, so is my wife, we both feel that finally we have a taco pizza supreme to enjoy.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D37031FE-A136-43E5-BD4D-9C0C39F2C307.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	977448

Click image for larger version  Name:	041CA8E6-E819-4525-BA02-015589FB7E3F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	977405
    Click image for larger version  Name:	544C20F1-74F1-4A7F-9918-2E427DB00F4D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.87 MB ID:	977406
    Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 20, 2021, 11:45 PM.

When I worked at a pizza joint as a kid we did one that was pretty good it had beans instead of sauce and looked like your first pic.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      So crazy you had said that. I had told my wife, the only thing missing was a bit of refried beans down first.

Awesome looking crust. Care to share your crust recipe?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      The crust recipe is from the book The Pizza Bible. I used a KIng Arther - Sir Lancelot High Gluten flour. I don’t feel comfortable giving out the exacts, but I have found the book worth it’s weight. I have not made to many of the pizzas, but, the crusts are worth it for sure!
      Last edited by Richard Chrz; January 21, 2021, 12:53 PM.

Great work and of course the photos are excellent.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I miss great Taco Pizza. We had a bar back in the day where I grew up that made the best Taco Pizza. What made it awesome was they made a Taco flavored beef sausage and sliced that up and used that on the pizza.

And the best thing was they were open 24 hours and delivered 24 hours a day also. Nothing better than a great Taco Pizza at 2:00 AM when you are 20 years and old drunk off your ass.

LOL

Comment

that last picture, the side view of the crust needs to be in the pizza hall of fame. if the taco toppings came out half as good as that crust you had a great pizza. Well done sir.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            It really was great, from the first bite. My wife agreed. So happy to have this pizza in my line up.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here