Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working from home now and gaining weight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home now and gaining weight

So, anyone else who is now working from home sense they are eating way too much during the day? Actually, it seems that five o-clock comes around much quicker, as well (cheers!). I made about 4.5 lbs of dough over the weekend to be used during the week for lunch and what not. I had some left over chili that I decided to top a pizza with.

After about an hour of warming up, I formed the dough and laid it out on a stove top griddle. I let it cook for 4 minutes on medium/high heat and then put under a hot broiler for two more minutes. I then added to chili and cheese, probably a little too much cheese mind you, and put back underneath the broiler rotating it around for another two minutes. The pizza came out great. A little char on the top and nice and crispy on the bottom and the whole crust. All in, with exception to the warmup time of the dough, it took less than 15 minutes to make.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3251.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	820410
    Dough at 2 minutes on medium/high heat

Name:	325.2.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	820411
    Two minutes under the broiler

Name:	325.3.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	820412

Two more minutes under the Broiler

Name:	325.4.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	820413
    Finished product. Dramatic crust? not really, but for a 15 minute lunch it was pretty darn good.

Fortunately my business is deemed "essential" so it's business as usual for us. If I had to spend the next 4 weeks plus at home though? Yeah, I'd be a full blown cow by the time it was all over.

Comment

Last May my A1C was 8.2, Then I started working a sedentary job working at home on the phone and computer, and now I have lost almost 20 pounds and lowered my A1C to 6.0! Go figure!

Comment

I ended my first week working from home today. I'm down 5 lbs. There are always fat pills at the office, but never at home.

Comment

Way to go!

Comment

I’m still working on the Corona20.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocinante View Post
              probably a little too much cheese mind you

Name:	30396597-06EE-4D57-BD26-7737A1A1EF2D.jpeg
Views:	210
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	820514

Comment

I’m afraid to hop on the scale to find out.

Comment

My wife is a school teacher so her and the kids are home. I've been working out in Salt Lake City for the past month so I wasn't home when this all broke open. The wife tells me she went shopping and we are in pretty good shape. I knew all the freezers were full of meat and I've always kept a good stock of canned goods on hand so I wasn't too worried about food.
                  I get home and I think my wife bought every frozen pizza, snack cake and chip she could find.....HA!!!! So much for eating healthy......speaking of eating healthy, has everyone noticed all the fresh veggies still on the shelfs??? Have people forgotten how to can veggies???

Comment

• TheQuietOne
                    TheQuietOne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Some veggies were hit hard. Our grocery was out of lettuce and broccoli. Potatoes were nearly gone and what I bought were pretty beat up. Most of the rest was fine and frozen veggies were plentiful too. Fruit looked fully stocked. I was very surprised that there were lots of frozen pizzas. I didn't see any crazy buying. I think people are coming around to believe that they don't have to buy it now because it'll still be there when they actually need it - at least I hope so.

I finally mustered up enough courage and hopped on the scale today. I was actually down a couple pounds and that was after lunch, not the usually first thing in the morning weigh in. I'm relieved and surprised. I've definitely been less active.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here