Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pandemic Pizza with a PizzaKettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pandemic Pizza with a PizzaKettle

During this time of social distancing I find myself thinking of different things I can cook on my Weber kettle. Today I dusted off my PizzaKettle insert and put it to use for the first time in over a year. This cook started three days ago when I started making 72-hour pizza dough. Today the dough was ready. I made a simple pepperoni and sausage pizza. The only thing I would do different is let the pizza stone get a bit hotter as the bottom of the crust didn't get any leopard spotting. I rushed the process a bit but it was still delicious. Here's the results:

Very nice Pizza!

Comment

That looks really good! Makes me want a Pizzakettle, but the $299 for that Pro kit is not in the cards right now. I'll have to keep doing it with my Lodge 14" CI pizza pan for now. I haven't tried it on the kettle, but this makes me think my next pizza will be made outside!

Comment

Originally posted by jfmorris View Post
        That looks really good! Makes me want a Pizzakettle, but the $299 for that Pro kit is not in the cards right now. I'll have to keep doing it with my Lodge 14" CI pizza pan for now. I haven't tried it on the kettle, but this makes me think my next pizza will be made outside!
        I don't know first hand, but I bet that cast iron pizza pan laid on the grate of your kettle would do an admirable job! Pls let us know when you can.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I plan to do that soon. I've got a Hovergrill that can move it up into the dome about 3 inches above the level of the regular grate, and farther from the coals. I am thinking a chimney of hot charcoal dumped onto the charcoal grate and spread around the perimeter versus the center of the charcoal grate, so that heat is not concentrated on the 14" cast iron pizza pan, but is more indirect.

I gotta say that pizza looks like the most delicious thing ever at the moment!

Comment

Now that is one pizza I would definitely NOT be sharing. Mine mine all mine

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here