Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy pi-day! Pizza on Weber Genesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy pi-day! Pizza on Weber Genesis

Pizza is pretty much my favorite food. And I enjoy making it at home. I was first inspired to give it a try when a classmate of mine opened up a pizza truck in the Chicago area.

I use Bobby Flay's dough recipe.
    ​​​​​​Open up a giant can of Nina's tomatoes from Costco, drain it while the dough rises and crush them by hand.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_174231.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	815080
    I have the Weber rectangular pizza stone. I tend to have difficulties transferring from counter to peel to grill, do I often use parchment for the first couple of minutes and then pull it out from under the half cooked pizza.

Name:	IMG_20200314_175334.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	176.4 KB
ID:	815081
    Toppings usually pepperoni for the kids, spinach and garlic for my wife and today sausage and pepperoni for me. I threw a frozen link on the grill while the first two Pizzas cooked do I wouldn't have to worry about undercook sausage.

Name:	IMG_20200314_180304.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	815084Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_181909.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	215.1 KB
ID:	815085Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_182933.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	228.9 KB
ID:	815082
    Pizzas turned out great, first time in a couple of months that I have made these. But once I start I'll probably do this a couple of times month throughout the summer.

Bottom of the pizza looks great. Top is missing the char on the crust, but I'll take it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_184005.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	815086Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200314_183748.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	815083

Wish I had been there for that! Looks really good!

Comment

Great lookin' pies for sure.

Comment

Good looking pi’s. I’m guessing that you just forgot to include in the description the circumference and the area of each because you were enjoying eating them.

Comment

That’s some good lookin’ pies right there,,,,
          maybe it’s time you start lookin’ for a truck !!!!!!

Comment

Tip for transfer issues- once dough is stretched to desired size/shape, place on a well floured, wooden peel, then put on sauce and toppings. Pizza will slide right off onto stone. I also use a metal peel once it’s on the stone to rotate and remove. Uncooked dough does tend to stick to metal peel, so I use that one only once the pizza has hit the grill. I’ve seen our local pizza place use both wooden and metal peels for this reason.
            Your pizzas do look delicious!

Comment

• BabelBBQ
              BabelBBQ commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah I need to get a wooden peel. I only have metal.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here