Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Night Pizza: No rise super thin crust.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunday Night Pizza: No rise super thin crust.

Roasted garlic and olive oil base. No tomato sauce

Looks awesome.

Comment

nice looking pie my friend! did you grill it? good looking skin, always looking for a good dough for grilling

Comment

• troymeister
        troymeister commented
        Editing a comment
        It was thunder storming. Did in 450 oven. This crust does grill well. I have done it many times. Here is the recipe:

Crust

2 cups all-purpose flour
        2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
        1/2 teaspoon salt
        1 teaspoons baking powder
        2 teaspoons olive oil
        2 teaspoons dark corn syrup
        1/2 cup water
        2 tablespoons water
        Directions

Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly incorporated. The dough will be firm and stiff.
        Turn out onto lightly floured board and add flour if necessary but do not knead.
        Divide in half This will make two 12" pizza pies. There is no need to knead or let the dough rise. Note the absence of yeast in the ingredients.
        Shape into two identical balls and roll out very thin.
        I use molasses instead of corn syrup.

• Papa Bob
        Papa Bob commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks amigo will be trying soon.

I make a very similar dough that I can mix and shape faster than my kitchen oven or my BGE can get preheated to 500 degrees. I use a stand mixer but you can easily do it by hand. I keep some pizza sauce around and most supermarkets have a section with all the cheeses and topping's you need for pizza. I can make this thin crust pizza in less than 1 hour, start to finish.

Comment

I tried this recipe last night and it came out great. Wife loved it also. It had been making dough from another recipe that always turned out thicker. It had yeast in it and I could never get it to come out this thin and crispy. will definitely be the go to for pizza night. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1619.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	240.4 KB
ID:	290780
        Attached Files

Comment

• troymeister
          troymeister commented
          Editing a comment
          UGA I'm glad it worked out!!!

Wow! They all look great!

Comment

Looks great. Troymeister's recipe? I've only tried one pizza in my KJ and it was the Sam's club dough. Since I've been ordered to watch the salt, homemade pizza is the only one on the menu and I'd love to try some more recipes.

Jim

Comment

Crap. I'm a sucker for thin crust, ain't never made a pie, and you had to post the recipe.

Comment

Looks great. I've been looking for an easy pizza dough recipe. Tried a couple different ones that failed miserably. I'm gonna give this one a shot. Maybe the wife won't make me go and get take out after my failures. Keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

I also love a thin crust cannot wat to try

Comment

Not only is your pizza awesome (so is yours UGA ), but I have to learn about that slide show feature that you did in posting it. That is really nice. Thanks for the recipe. I have to get back on the pizza kick. When I first bought my Vision grill I had some success but a bad bag of charcoal and a terrible couple of pizza's thereafter sidelined my inspiration. You have brought it back.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here