Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Pizza in my Paella pan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Pizza in my Paella pan

Although I have no photos of it in my pan, or the temps, or where my leads were placed or so many things that I wish I would have recorded. But, from the same dough I made my last one, I had put this one in the freezer for a week. Last one I ran at about 200-250 degrees and had a 2 zone cook, with the pan over the cold side. This one I ran with the coals all in a circle and Paella pan over the top of them (on the grate of course). But, ran that fire at about 450ish, and pulled the pizza off somewhere around 10-14 minutes maybe? It was a lazy cook and I logged nothing.
    Attached Files

Looks absolutely perfect!

Comment

Sure that tested great. What's your take this try compared to first try?

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Hard to say, I like both of them. I think I seasoned the pan with olive oil and garlic more this time, and I could sense that flavor. I will continue to try to find a bit dryer cheese.

• holehogg
        holehogg commented
        Editing a comment
        Look forward to following your journey. Ive made from scratch once and that's all I'm prepared to divulge☺
        The family are much happier I use a store bought base.

Looks like yer nailin it, from here, Brother!
      I likeys that ya got some colour on the crust, this time, an haveta believe yer on th Right Track, so fer!
      Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 30, 2019, 12:11 PM. Reason: fixed my fat-fingerin typos, apu :rolleyes:

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Richard Chrz
        BTW, followin this with great interest, since I've yet to make a scratchbuilt pie, on my cookers, but am headed that direction...
        Many Thanks fer th influence, guidance, an tutorials...mebbe, someday, I'll catch up to where yer already at, today!

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I have this strange sense that tells me, if you do pizza on the grill, we will be chasing your cooks! I absolutely LOVE pizza. This could be a dangerously fun & stomach filling thing to learn.

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Many Thanks fer yer kind words, Brother
        Afore I try it, reckon I'd best check into stipulations of my current level of licenscin, beins I ain't got nuthin but a Learner's Permit...
        Richard Chrz

That looks awsome. Love pizza made over live fire!!!

Comment

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Lol no house oven, but u already knew that

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I miss read what you typed. that makes more sense. (I refer to my grills as ovens)

• pjlstrat
        pjlstrat commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahh got it

Overnight

Comment

Yes, overnight after I had made the dough.

Comment

You could sell that, sir. Good looking pie!

Comment

Good job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here