Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detroit Style Pizza!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit Style Pizza!

I have gone back and fourth, NY and Chicago Deep dish, or Detroit style. Heck, I'll take them all any day, but The Detroit style has come to be my fave! To cold today here is SETX, and WAY dang too windy. I think the wind has finally calmed down to about 25 knots out of the west. So to the oven it is.

The Detroit style is dependent on these old automotive industry parts pans. I have a few.

What is an ole Texas boy to do. Love me some pizza!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0597.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	625349

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0598.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	625350

Looks amazing. I love any style pizza except thin crunchy crust.

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm with ya on the crust. If I want a cracker like crust, I'll put some sauce and cheese on a saltine.

I convinced a local market to order me some Wisconsin brick cheese and I will be trying my first Detroit style pie this coming Thursday. Can't wait!!! If it looks like yours I will be thrilled.

Eventually I need one of those rectangle pans. Will have to use a round one this time.

Comment

Nice. Looks like the right amount of cheese.

Comment

I lean a little as far as favorite goes. Looks great!

Comment

Pass me a slice!

Comment

Excuse my ignorance...ive never even heard of detroit style pizza. Whats the hook? Sure as hell looks amazing.

Comment

That looks absolutely awesome.

Comment

Luv pizza and yours looks Delicious and Nutritious

Comment

Great looking Pizza lonnie mac ! Yum!

Comment

I just drooled... yum!!!

Comment

That pizza is a crime! I'd love to take a bite out of crime.

Comment

In Michigan we have a small pizza chain known as "Buddy's". That's exactly what this beautiful-looking pie resembles. Buddy's pizza is excellent. We have 2 locations not that far from us (I think they have close to 10 locations in total). The first location was in Detroit.

I never really considered this a "Detroit style" of pizza as Buddy's is the only pizza joint that makes them like this. Regardless, it's great stuff.

Nicely done!

Comment

• texastweeter
                          texastweeter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Buddy is great stuff!

Looks great! Looks like Buddy's, an original Deeetroit chain here in southeast Michigan!

Comment

Could you share the recipe?

Comment

• Stevo
                            Stevo commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Ditto!

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here