Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Oven

Has anybody had any experience with a Pacific Living Outdoor Pizza Oven, some in my neighborhood is selling a brand new one for $600.00 list price is $1,100.00

Looks pretty good, if you're ok with propane (which is easy to use). Doesn't seem like it would be as fast as the Ooni Pro at about the same price as your used price. But the importance of that depends on the style of pizza you want. Looks very well-built.

No direct experience, sorry!

Comment

• Brewmaster
      Brewmaster commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, this is new in the box he got it as a gift and doesn't want it.

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Looks like a pretty darned good deal. If you want to do Neapolitan style, you may want to think about it a bit (usually 800-900F and about 90 seconds). If you like NYC style and the majority of other styles, it should be great. Check out http://pizzamaking.com - the Internuts encyclopedia of making pizza! Ken Forkish' Elements of Pizza is another great resource!

Great site thank you

Comment

I have a Blackstone pizza oven and it’s great. I get pizza stone temps in the 700F range, which is great for New York style. I can’t get to 900F and do Neapolitan, but everyone in the family loves to create their own NY style pizza.

The oven you are looking at appears to be a much higher quality oven of the same type as the Blackstone. That price seems like a steal to me.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack Maybe I just need to crank it more?

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I go full blast until preheated.

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Ahhhhhhh, I don’t .... I will def give the full blast to 900F a try

My take coming from the perspective of an avid Blackstone user is that it looks fantastic compared to my oven. But inside it looks like a kitchen oven.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nkTvVaT.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	618984 In fact, I think it may be great as an oven for your outdoor kitchen.

Name:	MPKXgxI.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	618985 But I'm not sure it's going to really produce a pizza that compares to the BlackStone or other pizza ovens out there.

Name:	YH1bPxA.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	618986 Compare to what I produce.

Name:	1zgpqFlNi76QPmkDZZxVEk8pvHUe8yyT5iNzJ2PbrNUjeFAEMW7RVkptfFON62CNkmOP-UlD-PbbqoO6tOaarPOfa_Hw4OkXw2_FwEGuww7hhKI5evyPjdBga7F-row_7DMUxsZTSUcQBWsn9oToc-UVThCkFuo92zjVMgmMFewfye0lRQT52cKOrXB2JxzSHjKtnlwUJim1G1xic_8e-H7xxXX_bHf-OuQcE57BsJNbtyD-f5XThv5c77LfTMk
Views:	156
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	618987 ​​​​​​​ Click image for larger version

Name:	6yA8U-W3S8nXoQyljAWswLoJd5DteIlw0Ys9nRM3QI-Js3PkWZdatIwllVF7emQY0NprhaUypaf-leTvhAMCQW31xC3auhhAJ93t1fEkUOuhsjIgpA5AyWvU8ZhAfywy-TxyAEwNkijeJa794mjCC8zbBT1YlX1KVZyoPf8Ej8XNFR-KH4F5yWPnqEI22IGDQC1hwzrp7usfyVVlSTG4MLJk6-aepTBpOJaCylyx1IrpybO2TVT9ukRK24kvKXQ
Views:	169
Size:	212.7 KB
ID:	618988 ​​​​​​​

Name:	3Q5hWcWEXVfkcQmaFmb4APBfipFNlmVMRctK7rmy7DJlEVkBeWpKhOuDcPB0IFBaEQeCFQ5v3itl3MCM2eny-Bb53SrFSr_Ns0U9xpDxzCUC-GfeyZCHFnDIPxhQm1zzRpJs3lJwpdSpMNO3fWULFkZnbrJ0yQG-BUiWkjpk6eqSchcQtah-kYCsqVr8foiUH0RzAXAawhcuQ_vKlWnq27JEz9XVRnlO3A3YIKDG-hHi72oEwQnCUM4JlnTh3VW
Views:	191
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	618989 ​​​​​​​

Comment

ecowper

Name:	GYKvgpuzrI5m8BXUcvh-pFffVbfQYFLfuo9iIly9mUZPMoCRF6_171jS5tl0L9PEDU9i1WijwF8KbG6wk4e-lAS1GzjMCdAcUl69axxQuDDosUavALSO80ugwuETSReteaxZWvwskucuKdQZAWWkZzW6RRZ8i8s-487pqxcVzRf1H_SQOkb4NyVb6osTsRfjjFdkFbtY-LCqKVBXpExBk389mn23bD98irBJAHtAx3bTO0TJcCg92V77Y3knu6c
Views:	191
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	619000

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, could be my IR gun. I usually turn on the oven full blast for 10 minutes and get up close to 900 according to my gun. Then I launch the pie and drop the heat down going by the sound of the flame to where I've found that it works for me. Any way I can test my gun?

• ecowper
          ecowper commented
          Editing a comment
          Attjack I bet you are good to go and it’s my method for heating the Blackstone .... see above, I don’t crank it full bore during the preheat

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Let me know how it goes.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here