Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First pizza with bakerstone pizza box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pizza with bakerstone pizza box

First bake with the Bakerstone pizza box. Pizzas turned out good although the crust was a little thick. But we are pretty happy for this being the first time we made pizza.
    Attached Files

First pie looks nice. Keep at it and it and you will be turnin' out great pies.
    Last edited by RonB; December 17, 2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Did you happen to get a probe in there to see what temperature it really reaches in practice. I’ve been curious about these for a while.

Comment

• DrDave
        DrDave commented
        Editing a comment
        I used an infrared thermometer to check temperature. For the first cook the top and bottom stones were at 600. I went ahead and cooked and it took about 8 minutes. I did a second cook tonight. I closed the lid during the preheat and got it to 700. (you are not suppose to close the lid) Outside temp was 39. After cooking the first pizza it got down to 500. Total cook time 7 minutes. The second pizza the temp was from 450-550 and it took about 12 minutes to cook. Still happy with the results.

How was the bottom? Seems like it could have gone a little longer if the bottom wasn't too done already.
      Last edited by Attjack; December 25, 2018, 01:05 AM. Reason: Fixed my messed up sentence.

Comment

• DrDave
        DrDave commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice. We did pizza tonight on the bakerstone too and it turned out better than our first. Although tomorrow will be even better since I'm cooking ribs.
        Last edited by DrDave; December 24, 2018, 11:52 PM.

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        So you have a BakerStone and a Blackstone?

Ribs will surely be good. I'm smoking a ham.

• DrDave
        DrDave commented
        Editing a comment
        Bakerstone.

Tonight's pie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20181224_200832.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	612462Click image for larger version

Name:	20181224_201544.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	612463

Comment

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Great looking pie!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here