Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza on the Blackstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza on the Blackstone

Last year we got a Blackstone propane fired pizza oven. We haven’t used it a lot .... but decided to make pizzas tonight during the Apple Cup (c’mon Huskies) .... Turned out darn good. That thing is great, gets the stone up to about 700F

We use the Trader Joe’s pizzza dough, it works great, tastes great. Made our pizza sauce from scratch .... San Marzano tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, oregano, a pinch of sugar, pinch of pepper flakes, kosher salt, pepper. Cook the garlic in olive oil until it’s aromatic, toss the rest of the ingredients in, stir well, simmer for about 20 minutes.

Yum!

Click image for larger version

Name:	F0C03E38-3F12-4A6B-998D-652257D3BA11.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	596826Click image for larger version

Name:	9D6998F2-575A-4150-A428-94E6A6429538.jpeg
Views:	147
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	596827

Gotta love the Blackstone. Pizza looks great.

Comment

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      The Blackstone pizza oven is fantastic. Too bad they stopped making it. Glad I got one while it was still available.

THe only thing .... those tomatoes all flicked to one side of the pizza when slid it from the peel to the stone in the Blackstone. Ah well.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Nice looking Pizza!

Comment

Man that's great. I wasn't aware they stopped making them. Now I am going to be back to square one of buying a new home and building a wood-burning pizza oven out back. Dangit.

Comment

Shouldn't you be eating Thanksgiving left overs like the rest of us?

Comment

• ecowper
              ecowper commented
              Editing a comment
              T-Day was at my father-in-law’s house .... he kept all the turkey, darnit

I'd eat that.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here