Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virtual Pizza Oven Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Virtual Pizza Oven Question

I read MH's article on Pizza with pics of his two stone virtual oven in his gas grill. He used bricks to hold up the top stone. Will any brick do or do I need fire bricks. I already have two stones so I'm ready to start making pizza on the grill.

I wouldn't use any old bricks. When regular bricks are hit with high heat they can pop violently in places. You can go to Home Depot or the like and get some fire bricks cheap. Plus they are sandier and thus softer than regular construction bricks and you can break them to make custom sizes to fit your rig as you see fit.
    Good Luck Pat!!

Comment

Thanks Spinaker! BTW Nice Trout

Comment

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, caught him and a bunch of his buddies up in Ontario. Nothing huge but really nice fish. Nothing like pullin' up Lakers!!

• Strat50
        Strat50 commented
        Editing a comment
        Come on up in September if you want big trout and char. You won't even need to fly-in. There are 5 rivers within 30 minutes of where I live that harbor HUGE rainbows. And yes, that is a nice char.

Spinaker is right here. Use firebrick. It's not worth the chance of a regular brick popping. Some will pop, and some won't. Even here in Alaska where bricks can be expensive, it still is only a couple bucks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here