Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KettlePizza and 26 inch Weber Kettle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KettlePizza and 26 inch Weber Kettle?

Has anyone tried the KettlePizza with extension for the 26-inch kettle? I’m researching pizza ovens and just discovered this. Serious Eats has a nice review for the 22-inch kettle, but I am not finding much on the 26 inch kettle. I also wonder how this would work with the Slow N Sear.

I have it for my 22 but not for the 26. What they recommend is that you build a half-moon shaped pile of lit coals in the back of the kettle and place a split log on top. Doing this will create temps above 700 degrees. I've used mine several times and it works really well. I have to believe it would work equally well in the 26.

Comment

I don't have a 26" Weber, but have used it with a 22". All the extension does is make the KP fit the 26", so I don't see any difference. Using the SnS moves the fire to one side and there is no heat under the stone or steel.

I found preheating the steel in the oven to 550* made it easier to get even cooking of the pizza. If the ambient air is significantly hotter than the steel, the top will cook faster than the bottom. If the temps are the other way, the bottom will cook faster.

If you preheat your steel in the oven, either have help to open doors and to remove the top from the kettle, or have the door open and the top off the grill before you pick up the steel. And use extra heat resistant padding for your hands. If you are a sprinter, you might not need the extra insulation, but I really don't suggest running through the house carrying a steel that is 500*+.

Comment

• JeffJ
        JeffJ commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. I preheat the stone in the oven also and then hustle it out to the kettle. Initially cooking pies with the kettle pizza was a 3-person process. But, as we got things figured out and developed a system I can handle everything myself except when it comes time to add a split.

I prefer kettle pizza on a smaller more efficient 18" Weber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ae4oyFo.jpg
Views:	1171
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	551806

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        A jumbo Joe would work or a Craigslist bargain. Pizza is the only thing I do on that Weber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	eO1uz0S.jpg
Views:	870
Size:	33.1 KB
ID:	551814

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here