Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indecision Pizza...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indecision Pizza...

... that’s what my wife called the thing she threw together. Mine and my kiddos was pepperoni, onion, and a tiny bit of bacon I made this morning. Her’s... I dunno, you gotta ask her. Full chimney of Kingsford Professional in the SNS, 20 min each pizza. Not bad. Will do it slightly differently next time, with a few white hot briquettes directly under the pizza pan.
    Attached Files

Hey, Indecision’s Pizza, proud sponsor of......... let’s not get in to that right now. Looks great! Is that a steel pan you use. I’m about to try a stone on my kettle. Just wonderin.

Comment

Great lookin' pies.

Comment

Great photos of some great looking pies! I think you're on the right path, getting some heat directly underneath will help.

Comment

• FishTalesNC
        FishTalesNC commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Henrik this was the first time making them on the 26” with SNS. I have 2 of those pans, they’ll just fit across the widest point of the kettle but would have overlapped the SNS. Next time I’m going to try with no SNS, piling briquettes up on either side with a sparse single layer directly underneath the pizzas. Might get a better cook AND have both come off at the same time. 👍🏻

• Henrik
        Henrik commented
        Editing a comment
        Sounds like a plan. I love the SnS myself, but when making pizza on a kettle it is mostly in the way. The trick is to get a lot of hot air around the pizza, and medium heat underneath. That way the top (with toppings) finish about the same time as the pie 'crusts up' underneath.

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        You know you may want to try the Vortex in an offset position, that may due the job a little better. It pushes air up into the dome and back down over the food more efficiently than an SNS.

You might also try raising the Pan up into the dome a little bit. Great looking pies!

Comment

Nice pie, had the same question on the pan, thanks for the link.

Comment

I use a hover grill to raise my pizza stone and it works out well

Comment

Ok, this inspires me to try using my Drip 'N Griddle to make a giant half moon shaped pizza. Cook indirect, then spin it around over the SNS briefly at the end to put some more heat on the center of the crust.

Comment

That's something from Pampered Chef I had not seen before. They evidently added that since the last time we bought from them. I have two stones from Pampered Chef, well used. I have a pellet grill, so it's doing indirect heat/convection naturally. Get it up to about 540, let the stone heat for an hour, and then drop the pizza on it. 5 or 6 minutes later, it's pizza.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180728_182111.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	211.3 KB
ID:	548216

Comment

• FishTalesNC
                FishTalesNC commented
                Editing a comment
                My best friend's sister deals Pampered Chef stuff, which is how I ever found that thing. Truth be told its my utter lack of skills in moving a raw pizza from a peel onto a stone that led me to buy it. I can't get the darn thing off in one piece without putting a lot of flour or corn starch underneath, and my wife & kid both really dislike the taste. This pan requires no shuffling!

FishTalesNC I totally missed for several years the direction that said to heat the stone up before putting the pizza on. Put it on a cold stone, put it in the oven. Raw bottom. I had the same problem you do. Next, I put the crust on the hot stone for just a couple of minutes, then took it off, and put all the toppings on, put it back in, not bad, but the bottom often was overdone. Then I found a 2 piece pizza peel, where I build the pizza on the two halves of the peel, with a dusting of flour, and then I can place it on the stone. I take it off with a regular peel. I don't remember where I got the thing. I need to go home very soon, it's time for my next step in dinner tonight. I'll look at it and see if I can find a name. I don't have to use an overabundance of flour, and it works the best I've found so far.

Comment

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                That's what I was afraid of. It's Pampered Chef (that was what I thought, but wanted to check), but looking at the PC website, they evidently don't sell the two piece peel anymore. They also don't sell the plain, flat pizza stone like the 2 I have. They do sell a "Rockcrock" stone for grilling that sells for $80. $35 for the regular stone. I'll keep using mine till they break.

• Bogy
                Bogy commented
                Editing a comment
                But you can find them on Ebay. https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=...hef+lift+serve
                It's a "Pizza Lifter"

• FishTalesNC
                FishTalesNC commented
                Editing a comment
                That's interesting and definitely looks like it would solve my issue, thanks for checking Bogy

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here