Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Fired Pizzas from last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood Fired Pizzas from last night

Thought I'd share some photos of the two pies we fired last night.
    1. Pulled Pork, Vidallia onion, and Triple Pepper Jack with a base of BBQ Sauce
    2. Bison Cheeseburger with smoked Cheddar

Great looking pizzas mike. Now you'd think as many different things as I have done with bison meat pizza topping would have been one of them. Guess I know what kind of pizza I'm making next time.

Thanks for the inspiration.

-Joel

Comment

• mrmikemgm
      mrmikemgm commented
      Editing a comment
      Absolutely! Just to flesh out the details a little, we make our own ketchup and mustard and use them as a base in lieu of "pizza sauce". Standard Heinz and French's will work just as well. We don't overly sauce, though, enough Ketchup to know it's there, but thinly. Dribble mustard on in dots according to taste.

We brown the ground bison and sautée Vidallia onions — onions go on first (over the sauce), then bison, then the smoked Cheddar. That's it. Simple and quite simply, delicious.

• Jmoscrip
      Jmoscrip commented
      Editing a comment
      Great thanks Mike. I love the taste of bison and luckily for me I have a great local source. Farmers' market here in town on Tuesdays and Saturdays so your post really couldn't have been timed much better for me.

• mrmikemgm
      mrmikemgm commented
      Editing a comment
      Please post your variations and your results!

I would eat number two just so instead of saying, "Pizza Pizza," I could say, "Bison bison."

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here