Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Style Pizza from Beginning to End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the input Huskee. I hope to have the Blackstone up and running next week and will try that. I am not sure I can improve much on what I have done and don't want to spend hours and days looking for the perfect pizza. I will be doing four pies this next week. It should be interesting. I think it is mostly technique now.

• Huskee
    replied
    Nice job as always Barry, you do a good job on a thorough informative post. You have me salivating for a good pizza too like DWC.

We have that same Tupperware pastry sheet. Oh, and an out-of-round pie looks more authentic. Any nice wood-fired pizza place I've ever been to has them that way. I think it makes look more homemade and not stamped by a machine. Nicely done!

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    It is definitely an interesting site. Not as good as the "Pit" but a good site.

• DWCowles
    replied
    Yeah buddy, we need to go to Barry's house for the pizza party....I will bring the keg

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    replied
    Thanks for sharing the pizzamaking.com website! Another site for me to spend hours on trying to pick up new ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    And??? what are you eating Jerod?

Darn comment on the wrong post. Oh Well!!
    Last edited by Marauderer; January 9, 2015, 04:23 PM.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yes, there is some great hunting up in that area.

• Marauderer
    commented on 's reply
    I haven't got the part for the Blackstone yet. Hopefully next week. It is suppose to cook up to 900*F. Wow, I will try it but, unless is is significantly better than the Weber gasser or the kitchen oven I will probably sell it and make room for something else. The kitchen oven I can build a lower and upper stone. I am going to try that on the weber as soon as I can get some fire bricks to support the upper stone.

• Dewesq55
    commented on 's reply
    That's beautiful country up there.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Although I lived in the Saratoga Springs/Ballston Spa area for about a year back in the middle of the last century and really liked it up there.

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    commented on 's reply
    I will have to try it now.

• W.A.
    commented on 's reply
    Barry, Did you use that rotating stone device you purchased a little while back? Pizzas look great by the way.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    neato mar..typing one hand..eating

Leave a comment:

• W.A.
    commented on 's reply
    Bought many a slice in Manhattan with bubbles in the crust. All great pizza. I poke them while cooking.

• Marauderer
    replied
    Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
    Barry, if you want real NY pizza (or bagels), you have to use NY water in the dough.
    I don't know if my genes are strong enough to absorb the NY water!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here