Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Papa Murphy's on a Kamado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool!

Comment

From the comments I gather Papa Murphy's is a brick & mortar store that sells only take & bakes? Never heard of them in my neck of the woods. There's a popular local joint near me that does that too, and I always loved it both for the lower price and the cook it how you like it aspect. I like mine a little less done than most places make theirs.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        Yup. ya heard right;only sells take n bake pizzas...good pre-made salads too, btw!
        I've used them a lot, when I don't feel like preparin a meal from scratch.

OSB , I used the deflector shield, then the regular grates, the second shelf grate, then the pizza stone. I really wanted to be away from the heat source so it didn't burn the bottom. (the last time I tried I got a black pizza crust and nicely browned cheese lol) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3740.JPG
Views:	329
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	502152

Comment

I love cooking papa Murphy’s on the pellet grill, just crank it up to over 400, leave it on the tray they come on. I rotate it half way through cooking it works out awesome for a easy dinner without having to get the dishes dirty.

Comment

Unfortunately all the papa Murphys near me closed about a year ago. But when they were around, i coomed quite a few on tbe pellet grill.
          Glad yours turned out good.

Comment

Its an old one (interesting fact I almost burned the house down after cooking the pizza!) yes I'm a big slob and lots o clutter in the background. Not suppose to see that just the video subject but it is hard not ts see lol. I'm better now (at least thats what I tell my self lol)

Comment

Papa Murphy's? Get a rope! LOL

Comment

• JakeT
                JakeT commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah I'm confused haha

• OSB
                OSB commented
                Editing a comment
                I think he got Papa Murphys and Pace picante salsa mixed up....LOL

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey, at least it's not made in New York City.

I tried Papa Murphy's for my first try with the PizzaQue I got for my Weber kettle. I foolishly removed the pizzas from the paper trays they were made on. I'll put them in there as-is next time. We have had these in the kitchen oven many times, and they are pretty good.

Comment

• charliekilo
                charliekilo commented
                Editing a comment
                What happened when you removed the paper plate.
                I have been thing of using a pizza pan under it. I haven't baked bia T&B on the webber but this thread has got this newbie thinking hard. any & all input appreiched.

• Steve R.
                Steve R. commented
                Editing a comment
                charliekilo, it was a big, sticky, flimsy mess. Very difficult to get enough flour under an already assembled raw pizza to handle it properly with the peel and not have it stick to the stone. Maybe they could be special ordered with more flour underneath, but I don't know.

Originally posted by JakeT View Post
              Anyone done it? Tips? Tricks? Just got home with a couple pizzas and was thinking of giving it a shot. I've got a pizza stone too.
              They have instructions on their web site.

Comment

Thanks for the ask and answer. There is a Pappa Murphy's right near us, and we haven't been in a couple of years. They make a good product.

Comment

There's a Papa Murphy's less than a mile from me here in Central Florida. The one and only time I went there was a couple years ago when a Hurricane (can't keep track of all their names) blew through and left us without power for a week. Since I can't cook in the dark, I stopped in to try their pizza. I ordered, paid and when they were done putting it together they handed me an uncooked pizza that I had no way of cooking at home. And that is the true story of how I found out that Papa Murphy's does not cook the pizza for you. First and only pizza I've ever returned. LOL

Comment

My wife and I like their pizzas. Unfortunately, they shut down both locations in our area.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here