Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackstone Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blackstone Pizza

First saw making pizza using burrito sized tortillas on Todd Toven's YouTube site. Works pretty well. First couple of times we tried it the crust was either burned or still soft and floppy. So I put the pizza stone on the griddle and then added the pizza, covered, and it was perfect! Crust was cracker crisp, just like the ones we had in Italy. Just great.
    Attached Files

Dang, was hoping this was about the Blackstone Pizza oven ... which my wife and I just bought ..... we’ve used it once so far and love it ... but requires a bit of learning curve.

wish I had some better input for you .. but that pizza does look great!

Comment

I make tortillas pizzas a lot. Quick and easy.

Comment

Nice. Are you actually using store bought tortillas for the crust?
      I love what you’re doing here.
      Please fill us in with more details.

Comment

Great idea. My wife loves very thin pizza crust. I will be doin' this soon.

Comment

Yes using regular store bought tortillas, just the largest ones I can get, burrito sized. Feel almost ashamed to admit that, but for really crispy, thin pizza they just work. If you like a thicker or puffy crust you could use store bought pizza crust, pre-baked or frozen.
          Used the lid to a wok as the cover.
          If you really like griddle cooking check out Todd Toven's YouTube site. He has some great ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by ecowper View Post
            Dang, was hoping this was about the Blackstone Pizza oven ... which my wife and I just bought ..... we’ve used it once so far and love it ... but requires a bit of learning curve.

wish I had some better input for you .. but that pizza does look great!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	fFT4uKfXoMfnG-I4c6JrNrEDtCcEUemeol5jFKmI5BVkOst4xyYqlNLP55EXgkqCNbPfwXbgRIxK6-K_d3bJc788kSsuHPbxQgfOVCjI5059GgI7wOhr3JzfhPDT-NqhTZgXg3WyNcOL5WJZcViKFaUVoQ_W9bnupd0gWgA1Mb4-Ml7G9UrWrXJVPp4Uvg935OoLqA2DXkWR7BzbGsDvzF2dZZFEVV1atVGt-pZv0sMembfGFIBsXWM50lwoYOk
Views:	1306
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	499644Click image for larger version

Name:	3TfNME-lLsgUFmGxMG61EIJo0KJScDf4RBAFZbT6K3fRLn36mlEOMOibB2n_VYnu-UpasFe9VRe1djtyGZpNEmwlAYBMSzNX6i7Xmpkeq-VZDdhKzJUPOw6xmcyomoH3_qw-7qF30L-VPJdDeEelUxCkmq7RTD59i_viJJWJg5z4FlyzATkhEbME_X8cws916j8jrTSqOo8tAdiBVAxeEK2oTdrf7dygzkLO_THtj8IvnecJq5rwHeqMq_ePzJo
Views:	1230
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	499645Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh25qPTX9HZQTD50_XkAUSVsgbQN33MgQzUTqirFsQLT2MMOCbS8G26k8cpaeZB_x-MAtsr5fcEK2ZrnqCnf9lh4w-xzmOQuGK8xMB2O5-LFRsL13giBOkCNF-d-XhuHUmH_CXZjUzzhkh_F5sRrnpNZVD5HBXKFFew9LM60sUBXsSd9BUftGQyabAr2yZtFcurItNkyR8Ma9p1S5JLTzQmh-fwEYN8O7D_nLATVrWiVP50g6wuUIVLTtFcQ3x3
Views:	1296
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	499646

Comment

Oh yeah the white pizza is also an idea we got from our trip to Italy. They use great ingredients, just a couple per pizza, and very thin crispy crust. The white pizza was olive oil, thin sliced potato, thin sliced onion, parmesan cheese, and topped with more excellent olive oil. Sounds odd but it is great. I par cooked the potatoes, sauteed the onion, and added shrimp.
              The other pizza was tomato sauce, Italian sausage (browned first), sauteed onion, mozerella cheese, parmesan cheese, olive oil, and red bell pepper. A bit more ingredients than I usually use, but also great.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	fFT4uKfXoMfnG-I4c6JrNrEDtCcEUemeol5jFKmI5BVkOst4xyYqlNLP55EXgkqCNbPfwXbgRIxK6-K_d3bJc788kSsuHPbxQgfOVCjI5059GgI7wOhr3JzfhPDT-NqhTZgXg3WyNcOL5WJZcViKFaUVoQ_W9bnupd0gWgA1Mb4-Ml7G9UrWrXJVPp4Uvg935OoLqA2DXkWR7BzbGsDvzF2dZZFEVV1atVGt-pZv0sMembfGFIBsXWM50lwoYOk
Views:	1306
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	499644Click image for larger version

Name:	3TfNME-lLsgUFmGxMG61EIJo0KJScDf4RBAFZbT6K3fRLn36mlEOMOibB2n_VYnu-UpasFe9VRe1djtyGZpNEmwlAYBMSzNX6i7Xmpkeq-VZDdhKzJUPOw6xmcyomoH3_qw-7qF30L-VPJdDeEelUxCkmq7RTD59i_viJJWJg5z4FlyzATkhEbME_X8cws916j8jrTSqOo8tAdiBVAxeEK2oTdrf7dygzkLO_THtj8IvnecJq5rwHeqMq_ePzJo
Views:	1230
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	499645Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh25qPTX9HZQTD50_XkAUSVsgbQN33MgQzUTqirFsQLT2MMOCbS8G26k8cpaeZB_x-MAtsr5fcEK2ZrnqCnf9lh4w-xzmOQuGK8xMB2O5-LFRsL13giBOkCNF-d-XhuHUmH_CXZjUzzhkh_F5sRrnpNZVD5HBXKFFew9LM60sUBXsSd9BUftGQyabAr2yZtFcurItNkyR8Ma9p1S5JLTzQmh-fwEYN8O7D_nLATVrWiVP50g6wuUIVLTtFcQ3x3
Views:	1296
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	499646
                Man those are good looking pies!

Comment

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks. Makes me want to make some dough this week.

My MCS is tossing up between the Blackstone 36" or the pizza oven.

Problem is, I need a bigger patio to fit either one!

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here