Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JCBBQ View Post
    Duuuuude!!! Looks amazing. I love Pizza, I've got a Primo but what is this Fredstone you speak of?
    The Fredstone is a pizza stone developed by a Danish baker. The great thing about it is that it cannot overheat. You can therefore have you grill at full power being able to cook the toppings perfectly while not burning the dough.

I have experienced with other pizza stones (Weber, Charbroil, Primo) that it easily gets VERY hot and will burn the dough before the pizza is done. With the Fredstone you can cook 100 pizza in a row without burning them.

You can - unfortunately - only get it in the US via the Danish distributor, TBS Grillshop. Shipping is, however, rather expensive.

Comment

Just wanted to Thank you guys for answering my question. As an aside I recommend the seriouseats pizza recipe.

Comment

I have recently been making the Serious Eats Sicilian Pizza and have been loving it. Very easy and can all be done in a single day

Comment

I see you use a stone directly over the coals. Sort of like cooking on the heat diffuser plates?

i tried that a few days ago. Scorched the daylights our of the pizza on the heat plates. It was bad. I turned the crust into lump charcoal. The pizza on the other stone above the plates was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeyGator View Post
            I see you use a stone directly over the coals. Sort of like cooking on the heat diffuser plates?

i tried that a few days ago. Scorched the daylights our of the pizza on the heat plates. It was bad. I turned the crust into lump charcoal. The pizza on the other stone above the plates was fine.
            Yes, the same thing happens here when I use Weber, Primo etc. stones. The Fredstone will never get so hot that it burns you pizza.

Comment

• SmokeyGator
              SmokeyGator commented
              Editing a comment
              Live and learn. Won’t do that again! I have 2 pizza stones now

OK people, in order for the top and bottom to cook the same, and be ready at the same time, the stone and the cooker air must be the same temp, (close will do). If the stone is too hot, the bottom will burn, and if the ambient air is too hot, the top will burn.

So what to do?

TOP BURNS: open the grill when the top is done and let the bottom continue to cook.

BOTTOM BURNS: place the pie on a ss wire rack to get it off the stone, but watch it closely, or under the broiler indoors. You will have to experiment on what distance to use between the pizza and the heating element.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Another tactic is to put foil on the stone while the rig is warming, then yank it just before you put the pizza on it. That will suppress the heat a good bit. (For bottom burning prevention).

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here