Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want pizza, but don't want to make the dough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want pizza, but don't want to make the dough?

This came in my emails today:

Yabbut, what kind of dough?

Comment

72 hour pizza door delivered to your door.....

OR

completely cooked pizza delivered to your door in under an hour!

Comment

I’m tired of all delivery services as a new business idea. Too many of them. I bet the pizza is good, but geez, everyone starts a new business on delivering anything.

Comment

• Catmandu
          Catmandu commented
          Editing a comment
          And it's working because we're all becoming lazy, or too busy, or just want the convenience.

If you want to make pizza but not make the dough, yeah it’s a pain in the agh. Just ask your local pizza joint that you like and ask to buy some dough from them.
        Around here most will be more than willing to sell the dough to you.

Comment

• andy.wpg
          andy.wpg commented
          Editing a comment
          This!

Or, buy the dough from a local Italian market. I get dough for two 12” pizzas for about $3

• ColonialDawg
          ColonialDawg commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried that once and the owner of the establishment laughed at me.

We can buy frozen pizza dough in our grocery store. You just have to take out to thaw several hours before you plan to use it.

Comment

I did not comment earlier, but there are a number of ways to get dough without getting it mail order. I like making dough for bread and pizza, and occasionally for something sweet.
          As mentioned, many groceries now carry dough, and some restaurants will sell you some dough too. And if you want 72 hour dough, you can just leave it in your refrigerator for a few days...

Comment

• Skip
            Skip commented
            Editing a comment
            I agree with you RonB. Often when I make dough I make a little more than needed and freeze the extra. It seems to keep pretty well. A person could probably freeze dough bought from your local pizza shop too.?.?

• Sasquatch
            Sasquatch commented
            Editing a comment
            I work part time in a friends pizzeria. I bring home extra large dough all the time, quarter it and freeze it for personal pizzas on the grill when I get the time. My daughter loves it this way!

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            Skip - I have bought dough at a local grocery that was frozen. They did not make their own dough but bought it frozen from parts unknown - but it was OK. I make enough for 4 personal pizzas at a time and freeze the leftover dough.

Maybe I missed something but is this website sort of a go fund me for his venture? Is the dough actually for sale or is this all in the works if the target is achieved?? Just curious

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            You did not miss anything. Kickstarter is a site where people are trying to fund a product. They generally offer their product at a discount to people who support them.

If you have a bread machine, use it in dough mode with ANY dough recipe. They do a great job!

Comment

Making dough is simple, reliable if you use J. Lahey’s no knead recipes. You just have to plan ahead for the time required (24 hours) but you can store in the fridge for something like a week.

gluten can form over enough time the same as kneading over a short time

Comment

Hey, great idea. Tuesday is sorta half day for me, one of the days I do a cook. I could easily make the dough & have it for Friday. Cool, & I’ll pocket the 69 bucks.

Comment

• EdF
                EdF commented
                Editing a comment
                You got it, Boss!

I've started making my own dough recently and was surprised just how easy it is. So far I've just been doing a single recipe from the Ken Forkish book. You do have to make the dough the night before. But you can freeze it for later.

Comment

The other tip is to get a dough whisk. It’s a thick-wired whisk that looks like a "@". Puts a dough together quickly without much fuss and easy to hand wash. They run 10-15 bucks or so.

Comment

Me? I just called Papa John’s and be enjoying a piping hot pizza in a hour or less.

Comment

Shamefully I’ve discovered Whole Foods pizza dough which I’ve been using as an extremely crispy soft delicious crutch

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here