Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First cook on the Pizza Party!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First cook on the Pizza Party!

A few weeks ago, I pulled the trigger on buying a 70x70 Pizza Party wood fired oven. After a roundabout way of getting to me (FedEx lost it and ended up sending it around the world and back!), I finally got to cook my first pizzas in it. I didn't get a chance to bring the dough up to room temp before cooking them, so I had some bubbles forming/burning in the crust, but all in all they turned alright for a first run! The oven is a slick piece gear. It is super easy to use and is a lot of fun!! I'm excited to fire it up again!!

Attached Files

very nice. I really like that oven too.

Comment

Good looking pies!. Please keep us informed on how the oven performs. I am also in the market for an oven but haven’t settled on which one yet.

Comment

Great job. Keep us posted.

Comment

Looks good. That is a nice oven. FedEx needs to change its travel agent.

Comment

Great looking oven; great looking pies! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Looks awesome. What temps did you achieve and how long did the pies take to bake?

Comment

• sorensen_j
                  sorensen_j commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Took ~2 minutes at 700 degrees. I was using large pieces of wood, and only let it heat up for half an hour, so I didn't have a good coal bed to generate a lot of heat. If I had let it burn longer before cooking, or used smaller pieces of wood, it definitely would have gotten hotter. I picked up a kindling cracker for next time, so I can keep a short ramp time while generating a nice bed of coals.

• Attjack
                  Attjack commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's pretty fast and hot for 30 minutes. Sounds like you have yourself a great pizza oven.

Meathead likes his! https://amazingribs.com/pizza-oven/p...pizzone-review

Comment

sorensen_j Wondering how the pizza oven is working out? Still have not pulled the trigger yet on one.

Comment

• sorensen_j
                    sorensen_j commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I’m loving it! With the lack of spring we have been having, I haven’t used it too much, but the three times I’ve fired it up have been great!

I really want to get one of those. Because PIZZA! Except I think I would go wood fired. Not 100% on the wood thing because gas would be more convenient.

but yea. I REALLY want a pizza oven like that. Enjoy it! I know I would

EDIT: under $200 (shipping seems to be $100, almost as much as the thing costs) for a wood fired pizza oven??? Tempting!! Thanks for the lead! Always thought these things cost more. It’s now on "the list"!!
                  Last edited by SmokeyGator; April 29, 2018, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• SierraBBQGuy
                    SierraBBQGuy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I think you are looking at something else, I figure the cost inc shipping and needed accessories of the dual fuel model is $2500.

• SmokeyGator
                    SmokeyGator commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was. It was just the stand. Knew it was too good! Oh well. Maybe one day, it sure would be nice.

• EdF
                    EdF commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Uuni Pro. About $600, quad fuel: wood, charcoal, pellet, gas. But some of those additional fuel attachments will cost you $30-40 apiece. https://uuni.net/

Super Cool pizza oven, great lookin pies, especially fer first time!
                  Lookin forward to more good stuff from ya!

Comment

Firing up my italia pizza oven right now. I have the topper to my camp chef stove. forgot to make crust as I have been prepping for my team BBQ all week, so I had to grab some of that store bought stuff in the bag. Hope it is decent. Got the homestyle as opposed to the artisan. Figure I can stretch the dough and get 2 or maybe 3 pies out of it. Also found out that the local FRESH by Brookshires pizzeria department will sell me pre-proofed dough. One problem, it is $3 for enough to make one medium pie... I'll try it, but it better be good. That oven of yours looks like a beast. I just enjoy the convenience of firing up the gas and having it rolling anywhere between 300 and over 1,000 in about 30-45 minutes.

Comment

It is a little more work to get the wood fire going and maintain it. It comes up to temp in the 30-45 minute range, but you need to babysit it and feed it wood to keep it rolling. I suppose it is just the stickburner equivalent pizza oven. It is a beast though! Hope your pies turned out well!!

Comment

Love that oven and glad to see your positive experience with it. Have been eyeing a Pizza Party oven for over a year. One of these days I’ll pull the trigger.

Did you get the saputo tiles? Any other accessories you bought and recommend?

Comment

• sorensen_j
                          sorensen_j commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I didn't upgrade the tiles. I got the upgraded door and the aluminum cart. I would definitely upgrade to the glass door. It would be tough not being able to see the pizza cooking. The cart is nice too, but is more dependent on where you're putting it. If you're a forum member at pizzmaking.com, PM Pizza Party for a coupon code for a free upgrade and gift.

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here