Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thin crust white pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thin crust white pizza

The wife was out tonight so I was left the job to pleasing my harshest and most honest critic, my daughter Madeline.

I made a dough with OO and all purpose flour. The white sauce was a blend of ricotta, mozzarella, hot red pepper, and sautéed garlic.
    Topped puzza with salami, trumpet mushrooms, and sautéed onions.
    I heated my pizza stone to 650 in my Komodo and turned it at 3 minutes. Total cook time 5.5 minutes.

Pizza crust came out great. Thin and crispy enough to hold all the toppings.

Most importantly, Madeline was a big fan and even ate her pizza bones.
    Attached Files

That looks awesome. Love some shrooms on a pizza.

Comment

Where do you find your 00 flour? I have yet to find it in any grocery store.

Comment

• Amajeff99
        Amajeff99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I got some off amazon. Made a huge difference in my pizza.

Pizza bones. Never heard that before, love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
        Where do you find your 00 flour? I have yet to find it in any grocery store.
        I’ve had very good luck ordering through amazon. No issues at all. I’ve also found it at the most unlikely places such as a Mexican produce market?!??!
        Last edited by Sfdrew28; February 17, 2018, 10:50 PM.

Comment

• scottranda
          scottranda commented
          Editing a comment
          Hmmmmmmm. Good thought!!! Thx!

• gmascolo51
          gmascolo51 commented
          Editing a comment
          I typically order Antimo Caputo 00 from Amazon, it is a repack but comes in a sealed bag. Never had any issues with it and typically packed with a little more than the noted weight.

Looks great--Wonderful!!

Comment

Beautiful! Your daughter and the pizza.

Comment

I like your use of different ingredients Good Stuff, great picture. I switched to 00 flour and my family didn’t like my dough as much as when I use Bread Flour. My daughters boyfriend used a combo of Semolina and Bread flour which won him the Christmas Eve Pizza Cook Off here. As mentioned Amazon is a good Source, it is cheaper than at our local grocery stores.

Comment

• gmascolo51
              gmascolo51 commented
              Editing a comment
              I have had some nice results using 50/50 00 and King Arthur All purpose. Also are you guys proofing it in the fridge for a few days? I find if it proofs 2-3 days it gets better.

Originally posted by Pirate Scott View Post
            I like your use of different ingredients Good Stuff, great picture. I switched to 00 flour and my family didn’t like my dough as much as when I use Bread Flour. My daughters boyfriend used a combo of Semolina and Bread flour which won him the Christmas Eve Pizza Cook Off here. As mentioned Amazon is a good Source, it is cheaper than at our local grocery stores.
            The OO requires a higher heat or it doesn’t cook as well as other flours at 500 or so. Not sure what you cook pizzas at.

Comment

• Pirate Scott
              Pirate Scott commented
              Editing a comment
              Sfdrew28 my house oven goes to 550, I also have an Pizza "Burning" Oven for my Pellet Grill 🤔which will go higher but I need to learn better how to use it. I will experiment with the 00 again when I set up the oven on the grill. Thanks for the advice.

Roberta’s Pizza Dough

by SAM SIFTON

Time: 20 minutes plus at least 3 hours' rising

Yield: Two 12-inch pizzas

This recipe, adapted from Roberta’s, the pizza and hipster haute-cuisine utopia in Bushwick, Brooklyn, provides a delicate, extraordinarily flavorful dough that will last in the refrigerator for up to a week It rewards close attention to weight rather than volume in the matter of the ingredients, and asks for a mixture of finely ground Italian pizza flour (designated “00” on the bags and available in some supermarkets, many specialty groceries and always online) and regular all-purpose flour As ever with breads, rise time will depend on the temperature and humidity of your kitchen and refrigerator

INGREDIENTS

153 grams 00 flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon)

153 grams all-purpose flour (1 cup plus 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons)

8 grams fine sea salt (1 teaspoon)

2 grams active dry yeast (3/4 teaspoon)

4 grams extra-virgin olive oil (1 teaspoon)

Download The New York Times Cooking App on the App Store.

I

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here