Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple, Inexpensive Pizza Rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple, Inexpensive Pizza Rig

The steel cone happens to be a Vortex, but you can sub 3 fire bricks arranged as a triangle to support any pizza pan you choose. I love my Lodge CI 14" shown in pix. Easy-peazy, and I'll post more later.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pizza_Rig.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	363555

Stayin' tuned to this here channel!
    Was hopin' it wasn't summat like yay:

Name:	Pizza Delivery.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	363592

Comment

Almost everything is better in black iron!

Comment

Glad ya started this thread, I was just looking to try some pizzas on the weber kettle soon! Very interested in the pics! Especially charcoal placement/amounts. Thanks!

Comment

That's brilliant! I have a Vortex, but I was using it as the charcoal holder. I will have to try this next time I do pizza. is that the small or medium Vortex?

Comment

So here's the youtube link that was the inspiration. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2fAOUJItw8

I bought some lump for this cook as I figured it would definitely add some heat. The IR reported temperatures ranging from 850 - 1000+ when sweeping it across the coal bed. I dumped a full chimney of charcoal in the SnS and added the lump as shown in the video.

Put the pepperoni and the whole milk moz on top of the crust (rolled out Publix). Then added the sauce and basil. Cooked the pizza for 9 minutes then rotated and cooked another 3 minutes. Probably could've gone another minute or 2, but didn't want to have my first pizza come out as blackened pizza.

This method is fun and easy, can't wait to do another, and another, and another....

Note: The SnS is placed just like you would for any cook. The top half of the pizza ( by hose ) obscures the view of the SnS

--Ed

Name:	Pizza_Cook.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	363892

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here