Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your go-to pizza tools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pizza Favorites for us are--BGE, 16" Stone, Wooden Peel, Parchment Paper, Kenji Lopez overnight dough made in the Food Processor but I do try other doughs. It's also fun to get creative with the toppings!

Comment

Thanks everybody! I think for now I'll start with a pizza stone and a peel, and if I find those lacking, I'll step it up from there!

Comment

I picked up a brand new PizzaQue off of CL for $30, it is great because it came with the peel, stone and all. I've got it up above 800F using small slplits and Kingsford Pro. Here is the post I did on it.

Comment

I have the same set up and make great pizza, i take the sns out and run bout a half chimney full and some oak spread evenly and a stone

Comment

• Kamado cooker, because you can bake pizza at 800° to 900°. Remove top vent entirely.
            • BBQ Dragon, to speed up the preheating process.
            • Pizza Stone
            • Pizza Peel
            • Silicone baking mat, trimmed to fit your round pizza stone.
            • Infrared thermometer, to know when your pizza stone is hot enough to cook on.
            • Grill Dome grate to elevate the pizza stone up in the dome.
            • Lifter to remove your hot plate setter if you need to refill your firebox with more lump.
            "My goal is some beautiful flame-kissed Neapolitan!"

Making Neapolitan pizza dough... https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...an-pizza-dough

Stretching and shaping your pizza dough... https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...ch-pizza-dough

Making authentic Neapolitan pizza... https://stellaculinary.com/cooking-v...apolitan-pizza

I bake this Neapolitan Pizza at 800° in my large BGE. It takes about 90 seconds to bake a Neapolitan pizza at 800°.

I bake regular pizzas made with bread flour instead of 00 flour at 650°. It takes about 5 minutes to bake a pizza at at 650°.

Happy baking...🍕🍕🍕
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Breadhead; June 5, 2017, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Silicon mat, eh? New one for me.

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              It's much easier to use than parchment paper. If you use parchment paper you have to trim it with scissors each time so the paper is not exposed to the direct heat. With the baking mats you trim it once and that's it. You wipe them clean with a wet dish rag. Easy peasy!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here